Need help with random fps drops?

TheMightyReviewer

Freedom! Member
Nov 24, 2015
YouTube
hey guys im not good with computers so please take it easy on me,

About 2 weeks ago i went to a PC shop near where i live to get a new watercooling kit fitted to my CPU, while i was there they changed the RAM because with my old stuff they couldn't fit any other heatsinks in. Once i got it home everything worked great (needed new heatsink because CPU over heated when i rendered videos)

But since getting it back i've noticed i get random FPS drops that last for around 2-3secs. I use to play the witcher 3 on mostly high settings around 50fps solid, now it will will start out at 50 or over then drop to 15-20 for a few seconds then climb back up? Also with GTA which use to run at 60 solid does exactly the same thing. Even games that really aren't that demanding like Red Orchestra 2 it happens, any help would be great also remember i'm not good with this type of thing so if i don't know what something is i'm sorry

Also i haven't overclocked anything, my CPU temps are great, haven't got any viruses according to my antivirus, i thought it was the Nvidia drivers which i heard were bad but then i thought it was the RAM. needless to say i'm in a pickle i hope someone can help, thanks guys.

My specs -

Asrock 960GM-GS3 FX
MSI GTX 960 4GB
500gb Seagate Barracuda
1TB Seagate Barracuda
EZ Cool 700w Ambiance 80+ 12cm fan ATX PSU
amd fx 8370 black edition
HyperX FURY Black 8GB DDR3 1333 (old RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600)
Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance Water Cooling Kit