Need Help With Custom URL

Micavity

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2014
YouTube
Hey guys, so to build the brand on my new channel I purchased a domain name to coincide with it. It links to my Vaping related blog where my videos are also linked to after they upload to youtube.
So i have purchased "rizzlevapes.com"
Youtube gave me a custom URL due to this fact but they will not let me just use Youtube.com/c/RizzleVapes
They tell me there are too many people with that name which isnt true. I am the only one on youtube with that name and when i google search it, there is an insta account that is not me with this name, but the rest of the URLS link to MY stuff..
My dilemma is that they want me to add characters or numbers to it. I do NOT want numbers. I feel like numbers in a username are very unoriginal, but i cannot think of any other characters to add to the end of it.. Any ideas freedom family?
Was thinking of adding TV at the end of it, but to me that sounds a little iffy too. I just want the original name but youtube HAS to be stubborn..

Thanks!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think sometimes it can take a while to accept the url you give it try using RizzleVapes again. I know mine took a while to accept and wanted me to put numbers on it even though it was the only one. I suppose a few others could be RVapes RizzleVape RizzleVapesOfficial, make sure it's one you like though :) That being said I don't think anyone actually looks up a name via the url most people just search for it on google/youtube.

Micavity

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2014
YouTube
I thought you could only have a custom URL once you hit 100 subs?
This is true, unless you link a website and verify that you own it, then they give it to you right away! Gaming channel i had to wait till 100 subs, didnt know i could change it till i broke a thousand haha, this new channel i bought the domain name for and they gave it to me right away