Name change?

DesolateCosmo

New User
Oct 21, 2015
YouTube
I'm sorry to involve you in this but here I go. As you see my name and Youtube account, it is closely related to a certain sexual word. This beg me to question, should I change it? Domimatrix sounded cool at the time but now that I Youtube searched it and website gave me the other I'm starting to feel uuuuuh... Over 10000+ English words and dominatrix exists with such definition. What do you think? Stick with the name or change it?

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I mean some people may get a kick out of the name and click on the channel just to see what its all about and then you may have people who do not even know what it means. Its really a toss up. I mean you have 2 subscribers so a name change would not really hurt you any so I would change it ....UNLESS you can brand the **** out of the channel and make it look so bad ass.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I'm sorry to involve you in this but here I go. As you see my name and Youtube account, it is closely related to a certain sexual word. This beg me to question, should I change it? Domimatrix sounded cool at the time but now that I Youtube searched it and website gave me the other I'm starting to feel uuuuuh... Over 10000+ English words and dominatrix exists with such definition. What do you think? Stick with the name or change it?
Lol you didn't know dominatrix was a thing before you picked it... that's really funny.. lol

Probably a good idea you change it... lol

When I picked my name I didn't know hail kira was actually a anime thing... and I get people all the time thinking I'm a death note fan...

And now when you search hail kira, I come up first page with the death note anime...

So eventually you might end up being a first page dominatrix .. rofl...

Hey... could be fun! Rofl

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
I would recommend changing your name.

The reason is because you thought it meant something else when you created it. Names don't define a being, a brand, or a product, but rather they define the name, that's true but it's a different story when your name is a word with a definition that you didn't know existed when creating it.

I'd say go for a name that you're comfortable with associating yourself with, a name that you can give meaning to. :) It's not too late to do so too!

DesolateCosmo

New User
Oct 21, 2015
YouTube
I would recommend changing your name.

The reason is because you thought it meant something else when you created it. Names don't define a being, a brand, or a product, but rather they define the name, that's true but it's a different story when your name is a word with a definition that you didn't know existed when creating it.

I'd say go for a name that you're comfortable with associating yourself with, a name that you can give meaning to. :) It's not too late to do so too!
I changed the name for the Facebook page and Youtube channel. I have yet to change this forum name because the person I requested the name change hasn't answered yet. Can you do this?

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Haha I love this, it's like every childhood email that I had, it was something like [email protected] and when I look back now it was so wrong in many ways but fun anyhow. If you feel awkward you can change it but you can also just wing it and rule with it because it will be remembered and just rock the name.
My wife's friend still calls herself a temptress online... and she's almost 30 now... it just cracks me right up... cause she's not even very fitting of the name... especially since shes married with a kid and pregnant... rofl...

Maybe not so fitting a title for a person not looking to tempt anyone... rofl

Reactions: Olivea Sea