My Youtube is being Copied, Please Help!

Robert Vella

New User
Jun 24, 2015
YouTube
First off I just want to say that I'm not trying to advertise my channel here.
Second, If this isn't the right place for this sort of post I'm sorry, I've never used forums much!
Third, I have already reported this to Mojang, although they didn't help.

Hi, back in September 2015, I was showing one of my friends my Youtube channel (E-Team TECHROBY), so I typed in "techroby" to find my channel, and i saw listed another channel called "Techroby". I had a look at his videos and found he was German (Which makes it awkward as I can't understand a word he's saying). In his videos, he was using my Minecraft account and skin in his videos. So like anyone else would do, go to minecraft.net and changed my password, (I also migrated it). I thought I'd got him and he would have to go copy someone else now, but no, about 1 month later he posted another video while using my account and skin. This is where I knew something was up. I searched up the server he was playing on and that was all in German (didn't help), so i searched techroby on skype and found he had made an account, also using my skin as the avatar, not that it bothered me on skype. I had an hour long conversation with him (using google translate), and I found out that he was 'cracking' my minecraft account which I didn't even know was a thing until then, and I asked him to change his banner avatar, and youtube name to something completely different. Long story short, he didn't. But after that he didn't upload anymore videos for a solid month. I thought I had got him and given up, but only yesterday he posted another. I'm just so angry that he is using what I paid for. Can anyone please help me get rid of him! I've read online about a few other stories of this happening to people. Here are the links to the channels, again I'm not trying to advertise. -Tech P.S. Please help!!!

My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVyb22rBz5CFx4BAj9ib3w
The Imposter's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSepd_-Q6ztL-iexdxeXrA

Joe K (FazedMC)

New User
Jan 28, 2016
Hampshire, England
YouTube
Well the content isn't the same that is for sure, but what the minecraft account name thing could be is a cracked minecraft account that has been re-named to the same as your IGN. so it isn't the same account most likely, just a re-named cracked. to be sure of this you might want to change security information on your account and the pass again to be on the safe side. The user seems to be aware of your YT however, as that name is very exact, I'm not sure what to do about this in terms of YT and MC because they overlap in a way that is kind of neither of there issues

Robert Vella

New User
Jun 24, 2015
YouTube
Thanks guys for replying so quickly, I really do appreciate all the help I can get on this as It's been bothering me for ages.
AverageEverydayGuy: Thanks for suggesting that, It is an American number (I'm British, although I found a handy-dandy list: http://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Google). I'm not sure what they could do though as like Joe K said, The copyright this doesn't really work as technically its not copyright. -Tech

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
a cracked minecraft account that has been re-named to the same as your IGN. so it isn't the same account most likely, just a re-named cracked.
He isn't copying your content, per se. He is just in/conveniently using your ID in a copied version.
I used to run a cracked version under the name of "Nolan" and ended up with some random skin.

If I wanted to, I could use your skin and username in a cracked version without ever hacking into your account or compromising any information.
In fact, I can do that with any Minecraft user. http://mcskinsearch.com/

The odds are, he has no idea who you are or if you're on YouTube actively making content.

Robert Vella

New User
Jun 24, 2015
YouTube
Wow, Member of the Month ^^
Thanks for replying! Have you seen this happen to anyone before? Also any thoughts on what I should do?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Wow, Member of the Month ^^
Thanks for replying! Have you seen this happen to anyone before? Also any thoughts on what I should do?
I haven't seen this happen to a YouTuber before, and I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

It's like trying to sue a company for the coincidence that you accidentally bought a bag of chips from the wrong brand when you went to the store on a Tuesday, it would simply be shrugged off.

I think it would be in your best interest just to let it go for now, but keep tabs on him. If he ever reposts your content in whole, then there is an issue.

Robert Vella

New User
Jun 24, 2015
YouTube
Lmfao that is pretty jokes but, yeah you should probably email YouTube and try to get his account taking down
Yeah, I've been trying to report him and get friends to leaves lots of dislikes on his videos, to disencourage him to make more (Which my sound stupid but I feel like it was worth a shot). Tomorrow I'm gonna email Youtube, hope this works ;)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Yeah, I've been trying to report him and get friends to leaves lots of dislikes on his videos, to disencourage him to make more (Which my sound stupid but I feel like it was worth a shot). Tomorrow I'm gonna email Youtube, hope this works ;)
It has nothing do with the YouTube service, he is just in/conveniently the same Minecraft username in a cracked version, and is running a channel of a similar name. Similar names are ridiculously common among small channels. Doing what you're doing is actually bad on you, since it's malicious action as far as YouTube is concerned (with the dislikes).

But if he runs the intentions of being a YouTuber, he's going to know he's just being dislike spammed and his content isn't actually bad by the viewers concern.

The best course of action is to leave him be, and forget his existence as potential competition. If he reuploads your videos, then there is a problem, but as it sits he's technically doing nothing wrong on YouTube.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed