Community My YouTube Channel Name Not Searchable?!?!

Edwin.

New User
Apr 27, 2017
Hey guys its your boy Edwin. So I changed my channel name and whenever I search or anyone searches my new channel name it doesn't come up! Only the old one keeps showing up! It is really frustrating, is there anything I am doing wrong? Anyone suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
It would help to know what your channel name is. How many subscribers/videos/views does your current channel have? Is your channel name "Edwin."? Common names are much less likely to find during search results.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
If you don't mind me asking when did you change your channel name? And what was your old channel name as I can always look into this for you and see if I can suggest something to help you out. As mentioned above common names are bound to show up lower in search results, and if you only recently changed your channel name not many people would be viewing videos under your new name.

DanbroUK

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2015
YouTube
I think it is to do with how many videos and how popular you are i know my one didnt come up for quite a while when i first started.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
Depends how soon after creating the new channel/or changing of name on old channel, as sometimes it does take time for Google's system to pick up on the change.

Also, it depends on how and where exactly you looked for it.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey guys its your boy Edwin. So I changed my channel name and whenever I search or anyone searches my new channel name it doesn't come up! Only the old one keeps showing up! It is really frustrating, is there anything I am doing wrong? Anyone suggestion will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Your channel is found by your custom url wich can't be changed. You can change your youtube name but people can only find you trough the name given in that url

Varlais Alata

Rising User
Jun 15, 2017
YouTube
Takes a while for the system to adjust to the new name. I changed my channels name this past week and it finally (2 days later) caught up all around. Also, were you sure to include your new channels name in the settings? If you're not sure what I mean it's Video Manager > Channel > Advanced > Channel Keywords. Hope it helps :)