Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
There are many games in the world that you can choose from, First Person Shooters, Sandbox, Racing or Puzzle, I am going to be writing about my TOP 10 Video Games which I have played or still do play. I am hoping that anyone who reads this will tell us their choices and more importantly, why they chose one game over the others!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10) Star Fox Adventures

With over 50 different games to choose from, Star Fox Adventures snatched the 10th spot by a nanometre, making Battlefield Hardline drop to 11th. Even though Star Fox Adventures had restricted resolution due to its release on the Nintendo Gamecube, I believe the storyline and the available resources made it a game to remember.

At the very beginning of the story, you are given control of two specific characters, of whom you will control for the entirety of the game until completed. The starter, Krystal, whom her last name is never known, is a blue vixen who loses her staff after an attack by the antagonist, General Scales. In hope to keep the Lylat System in peace, Fox McCloud, the main protagonist, tries to restore all Krazoa Spirits and the four Spellstones to rebuild the once known planet, Dinosaur Planet. In the bid to save the day, the final fight against the long awaited and revived Andross is put into action to finally cease all destruction of the Lylat System and Dinosaur Planet.

Star Fox Adventures include many scenarios of action, puzzle and adventure, hence the name, allowing this Rare release to be in the top 10 Video Games!

9) inFAMOUS Second Son

In number 9, we have the intensified battle known as inFAMOUS Second Son. As the third installment of the series, hopes were high as this was announced during the announcement of the PlayStation 4.

With the control of the game's protagonist, Delsin Rowe, we are trying to fight for our survival, since the United States forms a Department of Unified Protection, repeatedly recognised as the D.U.P. As our name is defamed with "Bioterrorist", our search to destroy the D.U.P and more importantly, defeat the antagonist, Brooke Augustine. Due to our Conduit abilities, we are able to take control of 4 different powers, smoke, neon, concrete and video.

With many small hints at humourous one liners, there a quite a few scenes which can easily break someone's heart, mind me, I did not expect it. This line is something I will always remember about this game, and is easily one of the reasons this has placed in 9th.

"Dammit, I'm so proud of you. Always have been. I love you bro" (At this point, Reggie let's go and falls to an unexpected watery grave.)

8) Need for Speed Undercover

It's time to rate, number 8! (I'm sorry)
A game which was released on the PlayStation 3, it definitely packed a punch for those racing type of people.

Declared as the hunter, and the hunted member of Need for Speed Undercover, the player is put to the test to avoid the law and gain the answer from the maniac behind the wheel. With over 100 miles to drive and many hours to put in, this game would be crucial for you to take your mind off of anything in the real world!

However, the real reason this game was placed at 8th was because it's lack of restriction and you get to do what you want, when you want. You take the time you need, while you roam around the city they call: "Tri-City"

7) Luigi's Mansion

Don't be scared, the hundreds of ghosts which haunt the multiple story mansion are not real, luckily I guess.

As expected, you are controlling the brother of Mario, Luigi. During the lifetime of these video games, Mario is usually always set with the awkward tasks, with Luigi jumping in and out. This time, Luigi is the main character who has to save.. not Peach, but.. Mario? His personal assistant, Professor E. Gadd gives him a Poltergust 3000 and a Game Boy Horror (Yes, they made a parody of the Game Boy Color)

With 50 Boo's to collect and multiple bosses, this game is packed with fun, action and a little bit of spooks, if you are not ready that is. Unlike the traditional Mario games, Bowser was not officially made a character, instead, King Boo had control of his body, therefore this results in Bowser's only main appearance and fight during the entirety of the game.

6) Final Fantasy XIII

Don't we all love a Japanese RPG? By far, this is one of the best I have played, conflicting between FF13 or FF10.

What can I say, there isn't really a specific main character, they all play a part in the story pretty well.
After being branded a L'cie, their lives are placed on a timer, take too long (which I think can never happen, it is just a plot advancer) and you will become a monster (Cie'th), succeed - and become crystal. Upgrading is completed by advancing in the Crystarium, a long leveling chain that increases health, strength, magic, abilities and accessory slots. CP is earned at the end of most fights, some are excluded.

The game is completed once they defeat Orphan, allowing them to live in peace, with the return of the crystallized character, Sarah. With nearly hundreds of hours to play, this game securely holds the sixth position.

5) Destiny

Half way through the list would be Destiny, before the release of the Rise of Iron DLC (*)

A technical MMRPOG, or Massively Multiplayer Role Playing Online Game, allows players to endure in endless battle with world events, against the AI, also known as PvE, or Player vs Environment, and online against others, known as PvP, or Player vs Player.

The character will go from planet to planet, including Earth, Venus, Mars, Mercury and Saturn, also including moons like Moon (Earth's), Phobos, finally including the Dreadnaught and the Plaguelands.

* Including the DLC will push it around 7th, due to the lack of game material after the release.

4) Borderlands 2

We are getting to the last few games on our list, it is time to show what really matters!

Borderlands 2 has a open environment allowing you to complete whatever tasks you wanted whenever you wanted. With easy access to multiple areas and the long list of optional missions, the game isn't truly over until every last challenge and optional mission is cleared!

Even after the seasons of DLC, members who did not want to buy content did not have to worry, due to the fulfillment of the game before the release, with barely any restriction to the main gameplay.

3) Call of Duty Black Ops

This was the reason I continued playing Call of Duty.

Since the release of this game, I have bought the next COD at release, without missing a single one. This game had so much enjoyment with the questionable campaign, intense zombies experience and the bloodworthy multiplayer, making it one of the best Call of Duty's of all time.

Just like Borderlands 2, DLC did not make much difference, just added a tiny bit of variety to the mix, yes it may reduce boredom a little bit, but the content already included was enough to send me with it.

2) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

This was a game that if ever remastered, I would be on it like there is no tomorrow!

Similar to Black Ops 1, the campaign and Multiplayer was amazing. The co-op mode was not to my liking, but the multiplayer itself was once of the best multiplayer games I have played.

Even though I feel so strongly for this game, the only issue would be the easiness to hack, during the time of release, security was a lot worse, so the game lost credibility and therefore, one game has taken its place, a game which will nearly always be top.

1) Rocket League

That is it! Rocket League is the TOP Video Game at this moment.

Even though it is restricted to one mode only, which is multiplayer, the replayability, competitiveness and easiness to get into the game ranks it over everything else.

I will always question, will there ever be a game that I play which tops Rocket League?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, as said previously, I would like to know what your top 10 Video Games would be, you don't need to add images or extend your explanation that much, but knowing what side the community is on is always a nice thing to know..

Thanks for reading!

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Great list, although not sure on the CoDs and definitely not FF XIII for me, as that was one of the worst Final Fantasies around, just my opinion of course :)

As for my Top 10, honestly have no idea and can't really rank them, I just know games I like and don't haha.

However some of the top would be the Mass Effect Trilogy, Burnout Series, FF 7, 8, 9, 10 (not XIII).

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Great list, although not sure on the CoDs and definitely not FF XIII for me, as that was one of the worst Final Fantasies around, just my opinion of course :)

As for my Top 10, honestly have no idea and can't really rank them, I just know games I like and don't haha.

However some of the top would be the Mass Effect Trilogy, Burnout Series, FF 7, 8, 9, 10 (not XIII).

I understand that, FF XIII did have a lot of linear gameplay, but since FF XIII is the only one I have completed (Only played part of 10) - I have no other opinion except it was good.

As for FF X, it was a good game, didn't like the constant battling due to random battles, but I guess that added more of an interactive experience than walking half a mile somewhere.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I understand that, FF XIII did have a lot of linear gameplay, but since FF XIII is the only one I have completed (Only played part of 10) - I have no other opinion except it was good.

As for FF X, it was a good game, didn't like the constant battling due to random battles, but I guess that added more of an interactive experience than walking half a mile somewhere.

Fair enough, I grew up on the old school JRPGs so the random battles were the norm. XII was the first to do away with them. XIII also got rid of the grind, which is a staple of JRPGs, so the combination I guess is what made me not like it as much. Plus the inability to explore until the very end. All previous FF games allowed you to explore the world within the first couple of hours.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Fair enough, I grew up on the old school JRPGs so the random battles were the norm. XII was the first to do away with them. XIII also got rid of the grind, which is a staple of JRPGs, so the combination I guess is what made me not like it as much. Plus the inability to explore until the very end. All previous FF games allowed you to explore the world within the first couple of hours.

Okay, I get you. FF-XIII did have some grind (Crystarium wise for Eidolon battles), obviously not as much as others. I did hate the lack of exploration, definitely if compared to Borderlands 2.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Argh doing a top 10 list of video games would be too difficult as I love so many, and wouldn't know what to place where ........well apart from Resident Evil 4 that would be top for me :)

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Argh doing a top 10 list of video games would be too difficult as I love so many, and wouldn't know what to place where ........well apart from Resident Evil 4 that would be top for me :)

Ooh, I never thought about Resident Evil, I have only played one of them and it was quite good, darn.
It was hard to place the games at their positions, sometimes a game would go up and down due to "off" days.

I also like Rocket League but I don't play it as much as I probably should mainly because my friends do want to play it that much.

I agree about that, I don't usually play on my own if my friends are off, I am normally in training.
Maybe both of us need to play Solo more.

love number 8 4 and 2, the rest are meh tbh
8, 4 and 2. So that will be NfS Undercover, Borderlands 2 and Modern Warfare 3.
I have to say, that is a good pick of games if I was only left with a few to play forever.

A top 10, tough choice but this is mine:

1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. Final Fantasy Xiv
3. Assassins Creed Brotherhood
4. Devil may Cry
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Final Fantasy VII
7. Elder Scrolls Morrowind
8. Star Ocean the last hope
9. Killzone 3
10. God of War 3

Wow! A lot of different types of games there, I completely forgot about the Legend of Zelda, I could have thought about Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.
Gotta also enjoy the classic Crash Bandicoot!

After looking at your FF's mentioned, maybe I need to try out 14.. Gonna be annoying remembering more names and also how that game works.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Ooh, I never thought about Resident Evil, I have only played one of them and it was quite good, darn.
It was hard to place the games at their positions, sometimes a game would go up and down due to "off" days.

I agree about that, I don't usually play on my own if my friends are off, I am normally in training.
Maybe both of us need to play Solo more.

8, 4 and 2. So that will be NfS Undercover, Borderlands 2 and Modern Warfare 3.
I have to say, that is a good pick of games if I was only left with a few to play forever.

Wow! A lot of different types of games there, I completely forgot about the Legend of Zelda, I could have thought about Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.
Gotta also enjoy the classic Crash Bandicoot!

After looking at your FF's mentioned, maybe I need to try out 14.. Gonna be annoying remembering more names and also how that game works.
Been playing FFXIV since release day back in 2013 but keep in mind it is a MMO with a monthly fee ;)