Community My First Month of Youtube

ScouseMouse

Rising User
Jul 6, 2017
YouTube
ScouseMouse180
Hey guys, for those who didn't see the thread I started a while ago, I recently started a Youtube gaming channel (about a month ago now) and had a small bet with my mate that I could reach 100 subs within 1 month of my first video... that month is now up (or rather it was a few days ago and I'm late to update)

So sadly I didn't make it to 100 subs and lost the bet - Don't worry it was only £5, it was mostly for bragging rights. I made it to 69 in the end which is still pretty good going and I'm now at 73 since then so growth seems to be going well.

The one thing I'd suggest to anyone trying to get their channel to grow is Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!! and I don't mean spam....

1) Get a FB page and Twitter account for your channel, post each video on them when they get uploaded, and post other general stuff so it isn't just a string of you posting videos... updates about what you're up to, (in my case) talk about new games you're playing, talking about old games, whatever your intended audience might find interesting. Even if you have very few followers, pretend you don't and tweet like people are listening.

2) Be active on Reddit, any forums where people that like your type of content go. Again don't just spam, actually take part in the community.

3) Join FB groups with people that like the kind of content you create. Again, no spamming, take part in the community, help people out and you can obviously do a bit of advertising too.

I was looking the other day and about 50% of my views come from 'external sources', essentially places where I've put links out there to my videos, so if I hadn't have done all this advertising then my views would literally be halved!

Creating really good content is great but while we are still small and unknown, we need to do the leg work to make sure our content actually gets noticed.

On to 100 soon hopefully and my own URL :D

Reactions: Conra Productions
Hey guys, for those who didn't see the thread I started a while ago, I recently started a Youtube gaming channel (about a month ago now) and had a small bet with my mate that I could reach 100 subs within 1 month of my first video... that month is now up (or rather it was a few days ago and I'm late to update)

So sadly I didn't make it to 100 subs and lost the bet - Don't worry it was only £5, it was mostly for bragging rights. I made it to 69 in the end which is still pretty good going and I'm now at 73 since then so growth seems to be going well.

The one thing I'd suggest to anyone trying to get their channel to grow is Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!! and I don't mean spam....

1) Get a FB page and Twitter account for your channel, post each video on them when they get uploaded, and post other general stuff so it isn't just a string of you posting videos... updates about what you're up to, (in my case) talk about new games you're playing, talking about old games, whatever your intended audience might find interesting. Even if you have very few followers, pretend you don't and tweet like people are listening.

2) Be active on Reddit, any forums where people that like your type of content go. Again don't just spam, actually take part in the community.

3) Join FB groups with people that like the kind of content you create. Again, no spamming, take part in the community, help people out and you can obviously do a bit of advertising too.

I was looking the other day and about 50% of my views come from 'external sources', essentially places where I've put links out there to my videos, so if I hadn't have done all this advertising then my views would literally be halved!

Creating really good content is great but while we are still small and unknown, we need to do the leg work to make sure our content actually gets noticed.

On to 100 soon hopefully and my own URL :D
Thank you for the great message!! I'm also trying to climb that mountain Great job on 73 !!!