Review4Review My channel isn't really growing at all

Pofsag

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 8, 2016
YouTube
Hi guys I just was looking for someone to take a look at my channel and maybe give me some tips like what I could improve on I have almost 400 videos and I've been stuck at 115-120 subs for most of it i will repay the favor by reviewing either your channel maybe a video you want my opinion on or your thumbnails. thanks for taking the time out of your day to take a look.

Mark Aquiapao

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2017
YouTube
Hey I just give a quick look at your channel and your profile pic and banner seem good(I like the simplicity of it). You should definitely think about making a brand/logo for your videos. The music level in your trailer is louder than your voice towards the end, so I would raise down the volume of the music. For your recent video about Learn to Fly 3 you should have included a John Cena image in the custom thumbnail as well. I would suggest to start commenting on similar channels playing PC games to get your channel noticed by other people in order to grow(just leave a creative comment, not SPAM). I think its fine to upload daily just make sure the content is top quality because that's what brings in more subs. For gaining subscribers you should think of quality over quantity for videos. Look at other videos like yours that do well to see what you could do better on quality-wise.

I would like it if you could check out my channel as well. Thanks!

Mardy Rooster

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2017
YouTube
mardy_rooster
I found your banner to be hard to read and your intro was good but it did not contain HYPE! HYPE it up man! Be excited! I liked the other channel trailer you have on your channel better! You get excited! it was actually fun and I think it would help draw in new visitors to your channel!

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
It's not the banner and it's not the avatar(though you can work on it).You need to work on SEO,search engine optimization. Basically people need to see your video when they search for a certain game.

I'll use your 'High on Shrooms | Zombie Vikings part 13' . Here are your keywords(tags) that you used for that video.
  • Zombie vikings
  • bork
  • hedgy
  • thor
  • loki
  • lets play
  • gaming
  • gameplay
  • facecam
  • hack and slash
  • pofsag
You rank number 2 for the tag "pofsag" which is completely USELESS. Why? Cause no one is gonna search for your channel. Here is the basic concept behind it.
You need to be using TAGS which your video can RANK for. You need to rank at least in the top 5 or at least in page 1. Think about it do you seriously think you will get ANY views at all if someone searches for the term loki?Or thor,let's play,gaming,gameplay,facecam? None. Instead use tags like zombie vikings gameplay.

To find good keywords its easy. Use the search option in YouTube. Try searching for 'Zombie Vikings' . You'll see stuff like 'Zombie Vikings PS4','Zombie Vikings gameplay'. These are recommendations,keywords which people are actually searching for.

Use keywords like that.This doesn't mean by simply using these keywords you'll be able to rank.Filter these keywords better like 'Zombie Vikings gameplay PC' etc.

Here is a better hack. Download vidIQ or TubeBuddy for Chrome. VidIQ is easier imo. Download it and run it. Search for any video you like and you'll see the tags they are using and what their ranking is. Copy their keywords.

That's SEO for you(summary at least).

Check out my channel ,I have a video with nearly 1k views.I was ranking in the first page for 2 or 3 keywords that gave me a lot of the views. Yes I only have 42 subs but that doesn't matter to me cause well I'm not serious about my channel and I have more views compared to your channel with over a 100 subs cause I do SEO.Not bragging or anything (nothing to brag about) but using a comparison between mine and your channel as an example to make you understand.

Not just tags and keywords but work on your video title and description.Make sure you include your keywords in the description and the title.Don't spam it and no need to include each and every single tag.Instead of including something like 'High on Shrooms' in the first part of your title include instead include they keyword and then whatever you like.

Step 2.
Get better thumbnails. Even if your video ranks ,you need people to click on your video. Make sure your thumbnails are bright ,colorful and have big text.

Step 3.
Cross promotion in different platforms. Self explanatory.

Step 4.
Sticking with one thing. Instead of trying out 10s of different games ,stick to one. Offer guides and strategies about it etc.

Good luck .

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisAK13