Aj the kid

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I don't know why but as of late i am losing subscribers since i got to 50 subs i have gotten up to as much as 57 now there is a down spiral of sub's and im back down to 52 what do you suggest i do? Its very depressing and i feel like quitting i jus felt like i should do something new for the channel i know it takes time but I've jus been feeling depressed by all this please someone anyone give me advice on what should i do what can i do

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Some of those could be old subscribers just potentially unsubbing from you channel which unfortunately is just part of the course of being a Youtuber, and potentially some of it could come from YouTube removing old / ghost accounts or subscribers from your channel as they often do. What I would suggest is trying not to let it get you down as this is all just a part of being a YouTuber you are not guaranteed a continual success there will be some ups and downs regarding subs / views

tlevelgrinders

Freedom! Member
Sep 30, 2016
YouTube
Try to keep your chin up man, I have gone through it before, I remember I nearly hit 70 subs and then out of nowhere went back down to 58, just don`t give up and keep doing what you do :)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I don't know why but as of late i am losing subscribers since i got to 50 subs i have gotten up to as much as 57 now there is a down spiral of sub's and im back down to 52 what do you suggest i do? Its very depressing and i feel like quitting i jus felt like i should do something new for the channel i know it takes time but I've jus been feeling depressed by all this please someone anyone give me advice on what should i do what can i do
If you're getting bummed out about losing 5 subs, then you're in for a rough time ahead. YouTube is a roller-coaster for most people. It's just something you'll have to learn to accept.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

GamerwithLyme

Yes I Do Have Lyme
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 12, 2014
Ontario Canada
YouTube
GamerwithLyme
Never look at the subs you lose. 5 subs may seem like a lot at your level but what if you had 10000 subs. 5 would be a small number. I always look at views more than subs. Just keep making videos. Don't quit

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Subscribers aren't important in the small channel realm. You need to focus on making stuff that gets noticed organically and that will build up the subscriber base that you'll want to have a viewership return that can translate into a steady viewer stream that results in good earnings, sharing, and continued growth without having to worry so much about intentionally making high-return content.

Short - Make stuff that gets seen, regular doesn't cut it. It'll work in your favor later.

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I know the feeling and i know it can be demotivating but in the end its views that matter. More subscribers usually mean more views but this isnt always the case.

Just bring out more videos you enjoy recording and im sure youll regain your subs :)

Reactions: Aj the kid

Aj the kid

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I know the feeling and i know it can be demotivating but in the end its views that matter. More subscribers usually mean more views but this isnt always the case.

Just bring out more videos you enjoy recording and im sure youll regain your subs :)
thats what im thinking i wont quit i will continue to make videos and enjoy making them

TimeOut Corner

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2015
YouTube
Nothing to really worry about there as it is stated as many chyannels have this issue if not all. I know I have, but for me I can say it was my fault as I kept taking big chunks of time off from making videos, well I used to. I plan on doing more vids constantly from now on though.

But in your case or for anyone it can be a totaly different reason and may be hard to figure out why subs left. One thing to do if you think it is a real issue is to try and figure out what you where doing when your subs were staying steady or going up verses what you are doing now and see if its something that you changed that may be the reason. Heck even something small can be a reason i.e. not laughing like one used to in their older videos may be all that it takes to lose some subs if that was something that caught their attention that made them want to sub to you.

Emicarn

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I wouldn't sweat it.

I've hovered around the same number for month. Gain a few, lose a few. It's part of the game.

I don't sweat the subs, I pay more attention to views and time spent in the channel, these are more important to me. If your views are going up, even if slowly, that's good. Not everyone is going to sub your channel, but they may spend time watching nonetheless.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Harsh as it may sound but there is nothing you can do about this as Subs come and go. I have been going from 465 to 475 back and forth for a couple weeks now, Keep your head high and continue with your passion to create content and then your number will go back up in time ;)