Muslims :O

MysticTube

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
Just wondering, with all this ISIS and bs going on, what are your thoughts, honestly about Muslims? Yes I am one and you won't offend me by your opinions lol

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Well when all the discussions started about muslims I did my own research on the religion and the history of it. This has helped me deal with ISIS, better said ISIS is NOT a representation of the religion they ignore many things written in their own book. ISIS is being led by people who are abusing religion for their own gain and to be clear I myself am not religious.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
This isn't a conversation about opinions on muslims, it's a conversation on opinions on ISIS. ISIS does not represent Islam in any way, shape or form and neither does any other terrorist group. The IRA doesn't represent Ireland, the KKK doesn't represent Christians, that one guy calling someone a faggot on the Internet because they like the Xbox One does not represent the entirety of the gaming community. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Reactions: Neal and riganthor

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Coming as a Christian who has been surrounded by other hateful "Christians" saying Islam is evil. My Old Testament has a lot of crazy stuff in it. The Quran may have a lot of crazy stuff in it. But they are OLD books. There is my 2 cents.

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
My opinion on Muslims?

Well, they're just like any other person who practices any other religion. Most of them are devoted, while some of them are apathetic. The devoted ones are the ones you should always be mindful of, because they're the ones who're either going to be open-minded about ****, or turn INTO ****, basically ISIS.

Contrary to popular religious beliefs, NO religion is better than others.

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
ISIS is using religion in the same way that many people pick-and-choose the bible for their own uses.

From a non-Christian perspective, you'll have Jesus-Freak's going on about how "gay's are bad" and various other religious stereotypes.
Yes, according to the bible, that's true. But so is getting tattooed (Leviticus 19:28), playing American football (Leviticus 11:7-8), Working on Satuday (Exodus 31:14-15), or trimming your beard (Leviticus 19:27).

Hmm... Leviticus sections appear to be the goldmine of things religious people skip out on.

The point is that these freaks that call themselves Muslim are like the Christian extremists in the way that they pick-and-choose their respective texts. Perhaps ISIS focuses on one line while excusing all others or some strange loophole found in another line.
Either way, those sympathetic to ISIS are not the kind of people that deserve to be referred to as "religious".

Reactions: TJHeath32

TheFrostyPenguin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2015
United States
YouTube
This isn't a conversation about opinions on muslims, it's a conversation on opinions on ISIS. ISIS does not represent Islam in any way, shape or form and neither does any other terrorist group. The IRA doesn't represent Ireland, the KKK doesn't represent Christians, that one guy calling someone a faggot on the Internet because they like the Xbox One does not represent the entirety of the gaming community. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

THIS IS AMAZING! ITS SO TRUE!

Reactions: TJHeath32

Maple Leaf Games

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2014
United States
YouTube
To be honest I don't get the social profiling. It is true some Muslims go to fight for ISIS but it doesn't make every single one of them a threat or bad person. For example some white people are murderers doesn't mean we all are.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
ISIS is using religion in the same way that many people pick-and-choose the bible for their own uses.

From a non-Christian perspective, you'll have Jesus-Freak's going on about how "gay's are bad" and various other religious stereotypes.
Yes, according to the bible, that's true. But so is getting tattooed (Leviticus 19:28), playing American football (Leviticus 11:7-8), Working on Satuday (Exodus 31:14-15), or trimming your beard (Leviticus 19:27).

Hmm... Leviticus sections appear to be the goldmine of things religious people skip out on.

The point is that these freaks that call themselves Muslim are like the Christian extremists in the way that they pick-and-choose their respective texts. Perhaps ISIS focuses on one line while excusing all others or some strange loophole found in another line.
Either way, those sympathetic to ISIS are not the kind of people that deserve to be referred to as "religious".
Im obviously not going to get into a religious debate on the forums I work for and love, but that book Leviticus is very, very old. And written by a man, not someone with actual authority. I'm a "Jesus freak" and you won't find me screaming "gays are going to hell" on the street. Point is there can be good extremists. I'm here, working on the forums, because my religion in fact. I choose to love people instead of hate them like lots do. Okay, I'm done here. ahaha.

I do see what you're getting at though, so don't think I don't believe there are bad "christians". :p

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Im obviously not going to get into a religious debate on the forums I work for and love, but that book Leviticus is very, very old. And written by a man, not someone with actual authority. I'm a "Jesus freak" and you won't find me screaming "gays are going to hell" on the street. Point is there can be good extremists. I'm here, working on the forums, because my religion in fact. I choose to love people instead of hate them like lots do. Okay, I'm done here. ahaha.

I do see what you're getting at though, so don't think I don't believe there are bad "christians". :p
I was riffing particularly at the bad "Jesus Freak" characters, not to suggest that all of them are.

Reactions: Neal

AuthRandom

Rising User
Nov 21, 2015
YouTube
When talking about Muslims in general, ISIS should not even be thought of, or considered. They are not ACTUALLY Muslims. They just call themselves that. Isis should NOT be what you think of with "Muslims"
Same with any stereotype made, there may be a very small percentage of people who actually are like the stereotype, but 99% of the time they aren't.

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
well i am not a muslim but all (except for 1 who is a Christian) of my childhood friends are muslims XD
and honestly i feel the way people are treating Muslims is absolutely wrong and not human
About 90% of muslims a really really really nice people but are simply thrown under the bus(metaphorically) because of the other 10% which sucks

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
well i am not a muslim but all (except for 1 who is a Christian) of my childhood friends are muslims XD
and honestly i feel the way people are treating Muslims is absolutely wrong and not human
About 90% of muslims a really really really nice people but are simply thrown under the bus(metaphorically) because of the other 10% which sucks
Just to give you a real stat, a poll showed that 1/3 of Muslims are extremists. So that leaves 66% of really nice Muslims, which is still a lot.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
To be perfectly honest and this will probably offend a few, the only real country that is showing ignorance on the matter is the USA. Places like the UK do not discriminate against Muslims as we generally understand that it is a select few and not the majority.

USA seems to have a real ignorance problem on matters like this and have their own extremists who are just as bad as ISIS are. There is no difference between ISIS hating all others and others hating Muslims because of ISIS.

Until the population is educated and you don't have politicians putting thoughts into others heads and to be quite frank, brainwashing the general population then you will always have descrimination against something you do not understand.