Community Motivation for youtube is low for small youtubers :(

TwistedBridge

Rising User
Feb 17, 2017
YouTube
TwistedBridg
Don't ya'll think that the reason why alot of small youtubers don't grow is because lack of motivation?
Or just lack of patience.
This is my opinion why do ya'll think most people don't make it big ?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Don't ya'll think that the reason why alot of small youtubers don't grow is because lack of motivation?
It's that one place you need to get through on YouTube that many people have which is the feeling of you not being able to grow your channel and YouTube not being a friendly place for people like you. The channels that get over it make it to more subs and the ones that don't don't make that.

Reactions: TwistedBridge

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
People won't make it big if they have the intention of getting big. As a small channel it is very much a hobby and should be thought of as a hobby that you take part it before it becomes any sort of occupation or job.

If it is a hobby, think of other hobbies. You put money into to make it a grander enterprise. The same is said for chaining businesses, although you usually don't expand unless you're profitable.

Peter Johnson

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2014
YouTube
ThePeterJ_
The lack of motivation to due to the inability to grow. Small channels are getting harder and harder to grow unless help is provided, which is a very minuscule chance.
An example: One of my friends gained over 150 subs with ease with the help of a 1K sub channel.
Many people will never get that opportunity

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I think the main reason most people don't make it big, is from doing content that has already been done by larger channel. Making new content is easier said than done though...

Also there is nothing wrong with having a smaller channel and enjoying what you do, unless you have over 50-100k subs you can't really make a living off it.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube

I would definitely say most people in this category suffer from a lack of motivation and patience. It's those who stay motivated and patient through it all that end up rising to the next level. Some quicker than others obviously but as long as you have that never give up attitude and enjoy what you do then you have nothing to lose basically.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
I would definitely say most people in this category suffer from a lack of motivation and patience. It's those who stay motivated and patient through it all that end up rising to the next level. Some quicker than others obviously but as long as you have that never give up attitude and enjoy what you do then you have nothing to lose basically.
That actually doesn't only apply to YouTube really

Mike Mazur

Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2016
Poland
YouTube
Keep going with your work for a quality of content ,people will see the good video leave a like and subscribe. I am doinf myself right and have more and more permament viewers. ;)

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
I think the reason why small YouTubers don't grow because some of them won't put in the work to try to make themselves better. I know no one really wants to watch my trash but I want to upload two videos a day during the summer so I can learn how to get better at it commentary and editing and also have better time management.Second I think a lack of motivation is also a key element because small YouTubers don't see the big picture of actually having to get good at what they are doing and in return they don't see any people watching or the audience retention time is down. To sum it up people nowadays doing YouTube to "get big" see others people success and want to be them but they can't because they have to be themselves I'm not going to be the next Pewdiepie but I am sure The StormMoreno if you get what I mean. Hope this information can be seen by people that need it so they can continue trying to better themselves at YouTube and to be real this tips can be applied anywhere else. Sorry for making a paragraph hope I did not kill someone of boredom.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
As a small youtuber myself i think it is mostly patience. I have been doing youtube for 4 years now and am aware that my content is not mind blowing but enjoy creating it so i keep the passion burning. I also lose and gain subs and growth is slow but by i am one that keeps going on as long as i enjoy what i do regardless of how quick or slow things go.

ghostkillgaming

Rising User
Feb 14, 2017
YouTube
Just do what you like to do. I think that if you like making content for your audience, then do it. If your goal is to get big on YouTube, it will take a lot of time and effort. But just make sure you love doing what you do, that is the most important thing