Minecraft.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
What does everyone think about people trying to become big on just Minecraft. I'd say they can do whatever they want since it's their channel but YouTube is so overflowed with Minecraft there's no way the video could get noticed, if you're a small minecraft YouTuber and are growing pretty fast then good for you.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Trying to become big in gaming as a generic is difficult, there being more than 2Million results for every generic variation of gam- that you can think of. So first, you need to do something different than the 2Million+ other active channels doing the same thing on YouTube.

If they're a small Minecraft user and they're growing quickly from the start, then I would question their methods of growth before congratulating them for their potential achievement.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
What does everyone think about people trying to become big on just Minecraft. I'd say they can do whatever they want since it's their channel but YouTube is so overflowed with Minecraft there's no way the video could get noticed, if you're a small minecraft YouTuber and are growing pretty fast then good for you.
From my personal experience, getting noticed for minecraft was easier than any other game. It depends on how your market yourself, and a lot of people see minecraft as a get-rich quick scheme to attract viewers. I used to do custom maps, and I retained a decent chunk of viewers from that experience, as it's easier to advertise with its many outlets. Being unique is easier to stand out with some of the competition on there, but that goes for a lot of genres lately, heh.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
Well, I play on this server often and since I already make Minecraft videos, I might as well make videos of the server. People start to take notice on the videos I make...mainly because it's not even a let's play video to begin with XD. A friend of mine came up with the idea of spotlighting towns in the server, since it's a Towny server, in the most ridiculous way possible and that seems to work for us.