Maybe college won't be so bad...

SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
So....let's say I wanna be an inventor and I got a lot of great ideas for technology and medical stuff, what should I do? And I also wanna go into the arts and drama and entertainment and stuff.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Well if you want to work with create medicin then I suggest a degree in medicialchemestry (which is one of the same options i want).
Also if you want to be an inventor of technology, there are alot of different types, you could for example work with computer technology, or even nanoscience. Which are very interesting topics to put into pratice.

What i know of the different types of studies they both have alot of homework to do, and selfstudies are a must. But it will be a education which can give plenty of options in case youtube will not go so well.

If you want to know my plan i write it below. Else just end the post here :D

My plan:
Since i am very interested in topics like creation of technology, medicin and programming. I have thought of do a education in Medicin-Chemestry (to create new ways of treat viruses or alike), however due to my passion of create different devices i have thought of get an degree in technology.
(not sure which one i pick yet).

But as a side hobby i will still do youtube, and even in a larger scale than i have done in the past. Since you will also have plenty of sparetime when going to collage or University. So that is atleast what i plan :)

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
So....let's say I wanna be an inventor and I got a lot of great ideas for technology and medical stuff, what should I do? And I also wanna go into the arts and drama and entertainment and stuff.

Pick a study that foremost you like and secondly will also have some job security on the end, as a former Artschool student you get fed a lot of beautiful options and you feel like the whole world is open for your creativity but in the end its the other way around and allot of art student fall into a black hole after their study not knowing what to do. I wish I took a study that made more sense but sadly I can't go back and just keep my creative side on the hobby side of things... but that's just my experience if you really want to don't let me keep you away from your dreams.

SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
Well if you want to work with create medicin then I suggest a degree in medicialchemestry (which is one of the same options i want).
Also if you want to be an inventor of technology, there are alot of different types, you could for example work with computer technology, or even nanoscience. Which are very interesting topics to put into pratice.

What i know of the different types of studies they both have alot of homework to do, and selfstudies are a must. But it will be a education which can give plenty of options in case youtube will not go so well.

If you want to know my plan i write it below. Else just end the post here :D

My plan:
Since i am very interested in topics like creation of technology, medicin and programming. I have thought of do a education in Medicin-Chemestry (to create new ways of treat viruses or alike), however due to my passion of create different devices i have thought of get an degree in technology.
(not sure which one i pick yet).

But as a side hobby i will still do youtube, and even in a larger scale than i have done in the past. Since you will also have plenty of sparetime when going to collage or University. So that is atleast what i plan :)

I visited the community college today, and they basically standard programs and core classes. I already took math, history, and all that stuff and I don't wanna do it again. My Ma agreed with me and so I might as well go just go on ahead to the university.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Engineering. If you are interested in the medical field, you may look into biomedical engineering. Engineers are basically inventors, plus they make a lot of money, and the engineering industry is doing very well right now, and will most likely always do well. Keep in mind a community college is only a starting place, so any community college you visit is just going to have core classes. If you want to get into the more specific classes, you will want to visit universities.

SimmieAutomatic

Jan 31, 2015
YouTube
Engineering. If you are interested in the medical field, you may look into biomedical engineering. Engineers are basically inventors, plus they make a lot of money, and the engineering industry is doing very well right now, and will most likely always do well. Keep in mind a community college is only a starting place, so any community college you visit is just going to have core classes. If you want to get into the more specific classes, you will want to visit universities.

Okay but my maximum limit is 4 years. According to them I need to take basics cause degrees require them. So 2 years at community college plus 4 years at university...that's a long time...time I could be using for auditioning, cause how am I gonna do a movie in college..I already took like 12 years of math, science, biology, and history, and all that. Do I really need to do it again or is there a way around that? And do you go to college every day?

SlenderSlay

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Washington, USA
YouTube
SlenderSlay
Okay but my maximum limit is 4 years. According to them I need to take basics cause degrees require them. So 2 years at community college plus 4 years at university...that's a long time...time I could be using for auditioning, cause how am I gonna do a movie in college..I already took like 12 years of math, science, biology, and history, and all that. Do I really need to do it again or is there a way around that? And do you go to college every day?
You go to college only on the days you choose to have your classes on, you need a certain amount of credits per class to graduate so some classes you dont want to take, you have to take anyway. But you make your own schedule. (At least I think, I am only 14 years old.)

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube

College is a lot less class time than high school. Plus the two years at a community college will give you college credits that transfer to the university. You would end up doing 2 years at a community college, then 2 years at a university. There isn't a way of getting around the general education requirements. Whether you take them at a community college or a university, you still have to take them.