Tips & Tricks Make friends to make subscribers.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
Freedom! is a network filled with over 100,000 members. Use this to your advantage to help other members grow. By helping each other, we will all grow.

It might seem trivial, but by making friends and watching their videos, I've grown a lot. You need to do this with the intent to help, and not to gain. However, doing nice things gives nice things.

YouTube is more than creating quality content. It's a place where doing that alone won't help.

With the people I met on here, I've began to find content I never would have otherwise found, and made some friends. You should do this to. : 3
A better community is not only a collection of friends, but a collection of potential life time friends and viewers.

Help one another, to become bigger - for both of you.

Last edited:

Legends Of Allstars

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 3, 2016
YouTube
That is really good one and you are correct, i agree with you, by the way i will subscrbe you and see your content by the way dont forget to give it back

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Freedom! is a network filled with over 100,000 members. Use this to your advantage to help other members grow. By helping each other, we will all grow.

It might seem trivial, but by making friends and watching their videos, I've grown a lot. You need to do this with the intent to help, and not to gain. However, doing nice things gives nice things.

YouTube is more than creating quality content. It's a place where doing that alone won't help.

With the people I met on here, I've began to find content I never would have otherwise found, and made some friends. You should do this to. : 3
A better community is not only a collection of friends, but a collection of potential life time friends and viewers.

Nice to see people who think alike! I couldn't have said it any better. This is something that we all should keep in mind. As a community you grow together :)

Matt B (M4ttb11)

Rising User
Jan 15, 2015
YouTube

How did you befriend them? Did you comment on their videos, ask people, what did you do to make these friends?

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
How did you befriend them? Did you comment on their videos, ask people, what did you do to make these friends?
First I just go over the forums and look for topics.
In the introductions, I point out that they can ask me anything, and I might visit their channel and watch theirs videos, leave likes and some comments that might help them, or just thanking them for what I saw.
I also make use of the conversations on here, because that helps people a lot, too.
I also make a lot of posts trying to offer advice, and I get back to as many people as possible.
The Freedom! YouTube channel is also a good way to find people. Don't go overboard, but comment on a lot of people's comments.
All of this only really works if you're doing it with the intent to help. Think of the subscriber as a possible goal, but not something you want. It's more about creating a friendship. however, by watching new content, I've found a lot of channels I otherwise wouldn't find. Some made me go on a mini marathon and watch most of their stuff.
One comment on a video - as long as it is truthful - can mean a great deal to someone.

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
In the introductions, I point out that they can ask me anything, and I might visit their channel and watch theirs videos, leave likes and some comments that might help them, or just thanking them for what I saw.
I also make use of the conversations on here, because that helps people a lot, too.
I also make a lot of posts trying to offer advice, and I get back to as many people as possible.
The Freedom! YouTube channel is also a good way to find people. Don't go overboard, but comment on a lot of people's comments.
All of this only really works if you're doing it with the intent to help. Think of the subscriber as a possible goal, but not something you want. It's more about creating a friendship. however, by watching new content, I've found a lot of channels I otherwise wouldn't find. Some made me go on a mini marathon and watch most of their stuff.
One comment on a video - as long as it is truthful - can mean a great deal to someone.

Once again you're making a great topic lol

Remember that your first subs (when you start your channel) are your friends and the friends of your friends. If you make more friends you'll get more subscribers or at least more viewers. Seems commercial but that's true! That's the social life I guess. Show interest for new things, new people, and they will show interest too because it's a polite thing we do ^^

Reactions: SuperMilkbox

Matt B (M4ttb11)

Rising User
Jan 15, 2015
YouTube
Very well explained! Thank you! :)

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube

Good advice! I befriended a fantastic YouTuber who has found lots of success with her methods and viewpoints. She inspired me to try new ways to film my videos and I've learned a lot. Hopefully we can even do some collaborations in the future too.

Even if it doesn't lead to more than inspiration and a devout subscriber, it's definitely worth making YouTuber friends.

Best of luck, Freedom! Family :)