Off-Topic Make better tags that are more related to the video

Does you manage properly your tags and other data?

• Total voters

WildMania

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hi.

It is common mistake to 'decorate' name of the video. This way, YouTube algorithm does not connect it with tags and video descriptions. I will post one screenshot here to show you about what Iam talking.:

suggeestion.jpg
Here is the problem with name "Let's play" for which YouTube robots probably does not pay attention. For this reason, there are no ranked tags as it should be. It is good practice to copy/paste whole name of the video tittle in tag section, but in example above, I am not sure whether it will give good result. Then, make combination of words, something like: "Let's play", "Let's play game", "Let's play Layers of fear", "Layers of Fear", and similar. Because title of the video is with extra characters and too short, there are no much choice. YouTube bot may read only first part of the name, and that is "Let's Play". I paid $9US every month for this TubbeBuddy Chrome app, and it is excellent stuff. I think there is limited version for free, but not sure. So, I can see my own channel and any other channels, compare it, improve my own ranking and so on. Here is my example:

my example.jpg

Notice that there are more ranked tags. Some tags are related to the video and video name for 'search', and some for 'related'. Search part is obvious - this tag will help YouTube robots to sort out what is this video about. Related is very important - it gives the same robot info about your other videos, and where to put suggested videos (right collumn) next to your current video. Also, do not underestimate THE POWER of endscreens:

end screens.jpg

At least one link or video is required to add 'subscribe' clickable icon (avatar). Then three videos maybe anything you want, but the best practice is to put there "Most recent upload", "Best for viewer" - since it will contstantly changes. Third video may be your choice - your video that is 'forgotten', or you want to promote something special.

Invest some time, and rectify that problems - I gained lot of subscribers, got plenty of likes and mostly importantly - lot of views this way. Try to use EVERY YouTube feature available - it is free. If you are lazy (as I was), then nobody can help you. On your YouTube channel - you are the boss!

EDIT: Forgot to mention - Endscreens, Featured content and other things helping you that new visitor STAYS on your channel as long as possible. Aside good video content, provide good informations, and let them know that other good content exist on your channel. Make people important by asking them about opinion about video, ask for some help or similar. People are willing to help, willing to interact - and that is good thing for you and 'health' for your YouTube channel.

I hope this helps.

milan
---

Edit2: I did not see tag section. Is there any? Or I missed something?

Last edited:
Reactions: KeithExplores

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
The only prob there a limit of how many tags you can put, I not talking spam tags.
I know and understand why there is a limit, but I honestly feel this restriction is useless and feel there are not enough characters allowed in the tags box, and It should be increased substantially IMO. Its hard to market a new video when you have such restrictions in place. At the end of the day; if users will spam tags, then restricting the amount of tags won't solve the problem of spamming.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
Also with tags, do you need to put like: Harry Potter, Potter? Can I just get away just saying Harry Potter as a tag and not add a 2nd tag just saying potter?[DOUBLEPOST=1498870290][/DOUBLEPOST]This was the tags I use in my last video:

my little pony,my little pony friendship is magic,hard to say anything reaction,mlp,my little pony (fictional universe),blind commentary,my little pony: friendship is magic,reaction,mlp season 7,my little pony: friendship is magic (tv program),blind reaction,friendship is magic,commentary,mlp:fim,brony,blind,sfm,equestria girls,sunset shimmer,adagio dazzle,aria blaze,sonata dusk,trixie lulamoon,starlight glimmer,rarity,twilight sparkle,sci-twi,animation

There is kinder repeats words like: my little pony,my little pony friendship is magic​

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
Your keywords should reflect what you are sure people will search for, and they should always be related to what your video is about. If you want people to find Harry Potter content, then that would obviously be a key word you would use. If you had tags like so: Potter magic, Harry magic, - If a user searched Harry Potter, they will still find your tags because the search words contain parts of your keywords in your search matching your two tags.

Although searches with STRONG matches to identical keywords will obviously be the first listed search results, depending on the words used in the video description box and the title of the video searched but not limited to tags. But it's more-so imperative to have matching tags identical to what a user may search. So, when you next use tags, use a search term as a tag. You will find it helps! I.e. Harry Potter Magic Spell, etc... Does this make sense? Also, depending on your title relevancy to search terms, you can also use your title as a tag if its not to long. Hope this helps some.

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
It harder if you are reacting to a video when search term as a tag might not work[DOUBLEPOST=1498928716][/DOUBLEPOST]I also wish I can add end card on ALL my videos in one go.

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hi.

It is common mistake to 'decorate' name of the video. This way, YouTube algorithm does not connect it with tags and video descriptions. I will post one screenshot here to show you about what Iam talking.:

View attachment 19036
Here is the problem with name "Let's play" for which YouTube robots probably does not pay attention. For this reason, there are no ranked tags as it should be. It is good practice to copy/paste whole name of the video tittle in tag section, but in example above, I am not sure whether it will give good result. Then, make combination of words, something like: "Let's play", "Let's play game", "Let's play Layers of fear", "Layers of Fear", and similar. Because title of the video is with extra characters and too short, there are no much choice. YouTube bot may read only first part of the name, and that is "Let's Play". I paid $9US every month for this TubbeBuddy Chrome app, and it is excellent stuff. I think there is limited version for free, but not sure. So, I can see my own channel and any other channels, compare it, improve my own ranking and so on. Here is my example:

View attachment 19037

Notice that there are more ranked tags. Some tags are related to the video and video name for 'search', and some for 'related'. Search part is obvious - this tag will help YouTube robots to sort out what is this video about. Related is very important - it gives the same robot info about your other videos, and where to put suggested videos (right collumn) next to your current video. Also, do not underestimate THE POWER of endscreens:

View attachment 19038

At least one link or video is required to add 'subscribe' clickable icon (avatar). Then three videos maybe anything you want, but the best practice is to put there "Most recent upload", "Best for viewer" - since it will contstantly changes. Third video may be your choice - your video that is 'forgotten', or you want to promote something special.

Invest some time, and rectify that problems - I gained lot of subscribers, got plenty of likes and mostly importantly - lot of views this way. Try to use EVERY YouTube feature available - it is free. If you are lazy (as I was), then nobody can help you. On your YouTube channel - you are the boss!

EDIT: Forgot to mention - Endscreens, Featured content and other things helping you that new visitor STAYS on your channel as long as possible. Aside good video content, provide good informations, and let them know that other good content exist on your channel. Make people important by asking them about opinion about video, ask for some help or similar. People are willing to help, willing to interact - and that is good thing for you and 'health' for your YouTube channel.

I hope this helps.

milan
---

Edit2: I did not see tag section. Is there any? Or I missed something?
TubeBuddy sure is a great asset and can help a great deal with getting your SEO better. The tips you provided above are helpful and i myself also use some of the methods you mentioned :)

Reactions: Hyderpony

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
TubeBuddy sure is a great asset and can help a great deal with getting your SEO better. The tips you provided above are helpful and i myself also use some of the methods you mentioned :)

I am using this now as heartbeat does not work for firefox and it got a build-in Thumbnail maker