Looking for a new laptop

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Not gaming, can use my desktop for that. Also needs to be portable and fit in my backpack so around 13". Just want something that isn't going to be too outdated in a few years time. Had my last laptop for almost 8 years I think :p

Edit: so pretty much just word/excel, visual studios and browsing the net, nothing too graphics intensive...

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Hmm... Well, for an Aussie, the price of a half-decent laptop that will not go obsolete is hard to nail down. With the value against the American worse than it is here in Canada, I would say that your best bet would be to either go second-hand or boost your pricing bracket in order to get the quality and longevity you desire.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Hmm... Well, for an Aussie, the price of a half-decent laptop that will not go obsolete is hard to nail down. With the value against the American worse than it is here in Canada, I would say that your best bet would be to either go second-hand or boost your pricing bracket in order to get the quality and longevity you desire.

Yeah I'm probably better off spending a bit more, I've done the cheaper option before and regretted it. I do have enough US currency to purchase a laptop but not sure if it's worth the hassle even if it is like 1/2 the price.

Something like this looks ok though http://www.asusnotebook.com.au/3192...ss-Ultrabook-Intel-Core-i5-with-Win-7-Pro.php