Long uploads

CDgaming1994

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
Hello,
i have been making 30 min videos for my channel.
But with the quality im recording it takes like 4 hour to upload it (12gyga)
When i make it smaller with Handbrake it changed the quality from 1080p back to 360p max.
Any1 can help me out getting a faster upload, but keeping the quality ?
I want atleast 720p

Awsomus1

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Hello,
When i make it smaller with Handbrake it changed the quality from 1080p back to 360p max.
I want atleast 720p
Well if you get this program called "Handbreak" it's a program that compresses the file and you can search up a tutorial to compress the audio files a little bit it helped for me. Hope this helps you.

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Well if you get this program called "Handbreak" it's a program that compresses the file and you can search up a tutorial to compress the audio files a little bit it helped for me. Hope this helps you.
I believe he is using Handbrake already, also your subscribe button is reading error

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
Hello,
I want atleast 720p
To be honest brother, you may have to suffer with waiting or make the video itself in 720p instead of 1080p

CDgaming1994

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
To be honest brother, you may have to suffer with waiting or make the video itself in 720p instead of 1080p
Hello thanks for the response.

I found out YouTube takes like 15-20 mins after uploading to get your quality right, so i am uploading 720p 60fps after all. Yust takes Some waiting

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The best option is to get an H.264 codec for your video editor. That will allow you to upload content in the same quality and compression that YouTube will display it to the viewer in.

Using Handbrake will just degrade the quality of the video, that's how it shrinks the file.

CDgaming1994

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
i found it out already, thx for the help tho.
im rendering with premiere pro now on the youtube settings for 720 and it goes way faster and better :)

Nyffellare

Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
The solution here is easy ;) you can reduce the bitrate :) Its the ammount of frames, Most video's go extreme high with the bitrates :) I have a 6mbps bitrate and my files are in 720p and go around 2GB/hour :) if you have high action videos it can be better to place to bitrate to 8 ;) I edit my video's with adobe premiere pro and chose there the bitrate while exporting :)

CDgaming1994

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
The solution here is easy ;) you can reduce the bitrate :) Its the ammount of frames, Most video's go extreme high with the bitrates :) I have a 6mbps bitrate and my files are in 720p and go around 2GB/hour :) if you have high action videos it can be better to place to bitrate to 8 ;) I edit my video's with adobe premiere pro and chose there the bitrate while exporting :)
yeah thx. im doing the same, im kinda nub with the bitrate stuff. but ill get better in it i guess ^^ thx for the advice

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I render my video's before I upload them, this has reduced the upload time from over 2 hours to just 10 to 20 minutes. These video's are on average 20 minute's long

Nyffellare

Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
yeah thx. im doing the same, im kinda nub with the bitrate stuff. but ill get better in it i guess ^^ thx for the advice

No problem it was nice to help :) I see you also use adobe premiere pro and if i checked out your channel you arent posting high action stuff. So actually 4 would be good as bitrate :) but to be sure and prevent lag take 6 ;) the max bitrate you can leave opn 8 or 16. That doesn't effect the filesize :) I always take youtube 720p preset and change the bitrate because they have it standard at 16 what is actually pretty good but creates a big file :) so 6 is perfect for most cases :)

Nyffellare

Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
I render my video's before I upload them, this has reduced the upload time from over 2 hours to just 10 to 20 minutes. These video's are on average 20 minute's long
What quality (pixels and bitrate) en codeces do you use? If its goes that fast you must have a really small file or extreme fast internet :) I have around 5mbps upload and mostly takes arround 40min to upload a video thats 30min long :p

CDgaming1994

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 26, 2016
YouTube
What quality (pixels and bitrate) en codeces do you use? If its goes that fast you must have a really small file or extreme fast internet :) I have around 5mbps upload and mostly takes arround 40min to upload a video thats 30min long :p
oke thx for that tip. i will use it on my video tommorow.
What are games that use high action stuff ?
because i maybe want to start playing COD in a month

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
I use a youtube preset on my program and its 30FPS 1080P otherwise rendering would take forever and my pc cant play that many games on 60FPS anyway

Nyffellare

Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
oke thx for that tip. i will use it on my video tommorow.
What are games that use high action stuff ?
because i maybe want to start playing COD in a month
I sometimes do COD video's and 6mbps as bitrate is perfect :) Also tried 4mbps but that was to laggy. So for cod you never go below 6mbps :) For the moment I didn't encounter a game that wasn't good with 6mbps as bitrate :)