YouTube Life On Youtube Gaming - Advice & Tips

MrBlank

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 17, 2018
YouTube
So i'm still going through the "Youtube Grind" the time between 0 subs and 1k (I know the grind carrys on after 1K however that's wher it starts to pick up)
And i want to let everyone know who is thinking about giving up, Don't, yes thegrind is soul crushing, it can be depressing, even heart breaking, but this was never going to be easy, i've been working hard on my channel now for nearly 5 months, and i'm sitting at 188 subs, i may be a tadpole among the big fish, but within the time frame, i've grown pretty fast compared to the average growth rate, here's what i've learned so far.

Quality not Quantity - Yes, the old saying, and its very true for youtube, i was doing 3 videos a week, and it was killing me due to how i edit my video (13 - 14 hours worth of editing) and it was taking over my life, pushing me into a deep depression, i wasn't sleeping, barly eating, you name it. So one day i decied to cut it down to 2 videos a week, and Yeah it was a little easier, but the quality wasn't that much improved, Until a few weeks ago, I now do one video a week, and i put my all into it, It can be stressful and daughnting HOWEVER. i have gained more subscribers, Views, Comments & Likes due to the fact they are a much better product, i was avergin around 1 - 2 subs a week before, now i'm getting around 6 - 8 subs a week.

Networking - At first you will want to do collabs with EVERYONE! which is fine to get you use to the idea of collabs, but DON'T become a collab only channel, it makes it look like you cannot be funny / entertaining on your own, but don't shut the off completerly, make friends, watch eachother edit, share tips on audio design, thumbnail design, critique eachothers videos, and eventually you'll have a professinal network

Sub4Sub - Don't do it... Just.. Just don't it's stupid, it never works and really think about it, do you really think they're going to watch your content? of course not.

Finding your style - 95% of us go into youtube thinking "My style is going to be like a hybrid of this person and this person, which a sprinkling of my own personality" and its never true, I first had a style similair to Soviet Womble, with Key framed subtitles, Movie reffrences the whole thing, but it didn't sit right with me, as time went on i fazed out the subtitles, and now i'm my own style, my style found me, which is Voice overs, movie style editing ect, so don't be surprised if 2 - 3 months from now, your style has changed

Don't let it rule your life - Remember, Youtube can be a vicious B*tch, it can take over your lif entierly, don't let it, Take a break, walk you dog (If you have one) take some down time, becuase if you live and breathe youtube, it'll drag you down, i've seen a few people i called friends get dragged into it and they turned into nasty pieces of work, so be carful

Editing - Editing is a seriously important aspect, work on the flow of the video, you need to make 10 mins, feel like 3, learn about audio design for example fast tempo music makes a video seem faster ect, take some time to learn about diffrent editing software, and find one that suits your style and videos

Don't follow the Trends - There are 1000s of fortnite channels, what makes you stand out? unless you have a seriously unique style, sadly you'll blend into that market, play games you WANT to play, not whats popular

Dont become a ONE game channel - Lets say you make a channel that DOES do well with fortnite or PUBG or Rust, then what? if you play ANYTHING else, they view count won't anywhere near as high as the one game you are known for, so be carful subs can be relentless

Its not always going to be fun - Its horrible to say, but its true, Youtube isn't all about having fun with games and fans, it can be extremly pain staking to do, espiecally on your health and mind, doing youtube "just for fun" will only get you so far, because after awhile it goes from "fun" to "i need to get a video out by friday! sh*t, what do i do?!" which then leads into a panic and Possibly a bad video, so MAKE A PLAN! trust me, planning what you are going to play, and spending a day hunting for games, is a MASSIVE help!

There are more points but none come to mind at the moment, i'll be updating this as time goes on, if you disagree with these that completly fine, this is from my point of view, i wanted to give the real fact behind youtube from what i have expieranced, your experiances may differ, so take it with a pinch of salt

Forgive the grammer i'm dylexic lol

Knotty Stripes

Rising User
Apr 21, 2018
YouTube
hey mr blank can i ask you what you think of my channel and if i need to make improvements and whatnot i'm sorta a LP channel in a way not really but kinda lol because i think my videos are great and so does the people that i ask but i'm not sure if they are being 100% real with me you know so can i ask you to help a brother out and criticize me if you would like can you email me at [email protected]

Reactions: MrBlank

MrBlank

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 17, 2018
YouTube
hey mr blank can i ask you what you think of my channel and if i need to make improvements and whatnot i'm sorta a LP channel in a way not really but kinda lol because i think my videos are great and so does the people that i ask but i'm not sure if they are being 100% real with me you know so can i ask you to help a brother out and criticize me if you would like can you email me at [email protected]

Hey buddy, sure i can help :) do you happen to have a discord?

iWi Gaming

Rising User
Jun 17, 2018
YouTube
iwi_ryuk
So i'm still going through the "Youtube Grind" the time between 0 subs and 1k (I know the grind carrys on after 1K however that's wher it starts to pick up)
And i want to let everyone know who is thinking about giving up, Don't, yes thegrind is soul crushing, it can be depressing, even heart breaking, but this was never going to be easy, i've been working hard on my channel now for nearly 5 months, and i'm sitting at 188 subs, i may be a tadpole among the big fish, but within the time frame, i've grown pretty fast compared to the average growth rate, here's what i've learned so far.

Quality not Quantity - Yes, the old saying, and its very true for youtube, i was doing 3 videos a week, and it was killing me due to how i edit my video (13 - 14 hours worth of editing) and it was taking over my life, pushing me into a deep depression, i wasn't sleeping, barly eating, you name it. So one day i decied to cut it down to 2 videos a week, and Yeah it was a little easier, but the quality wasn't that much improved, Until a few weeks ago, I now do one video a week, and i put my all into it, It can be stressful and daughnting HOWEVER. i have gained more subscribers, Views, Comments & Likes due to the fact they are a much better product, i was avergin around 1 - 2 subs a week before, now i'm getting around 6 - 8 subs a week.

Networking - At first you will want to do collabs with EVERYONE! which is fine to get you use to the idea of collabs, but DON'T become a collab only channel, it makes it look like you cannot be funny / entertaining on your own, but don't shut the off completerly, make friends, watch eachother edit, share tips on audio design, thumbnail design, critique eachothers videos, and eventually you'll have a professinal network

Sub4Sub - Don't do it... Just.. Just don't it's stupid, it never works and really think about it, do you really think they're going to watch your content? of course not.

Finding your style - 95% of us go into youtube thinking "My style is going to be like a hybrid of this person and this person, which a sprinkling of my own personality" and its never true, I first had a style similair to Soviet Womble, with Key framed subtitles, Movie reffrences the whole thing, but it didn't sit right with me, as time went on i fazed out the subtitles, and now i'm my own style, my style found me, which is Voice overs, movie style editing ect, so don't be surprised if 2 - 3 months from now, your style has changed

Don't let it rule your life - Remember, Youtube can be a vicious B*tch, it can take over your lif entierly, don't let it, Take a break, walk you dog (If you have one) take some down time, becuase if you live and breathe youtube, it'll drag you down, i've seen a few people i called friends get dragged into it and they turned into nasty pieces of work, so be carful

Editing - Editing is a seriously important aspect, work on the flow of the video, you need to make 10 mins, feel like 3, learn about audio design for example fast tempo music makes a video seem faster ect, take some time to learn about diffrent editing software, and find one that suits your style and videos

Don't follow the Trends - There are 1000s of fortnite channels, what makes you stand out? unless you have a seriously unique style, sadly you'll blend into that market, play games you WANT to play, not whats popular

Dont become a ONE game channel - Lets say you make a channel that DOES do well with fortnite or PUBG or Rust, then what? if you play ANYTHING else, they view count won't anywhere near as high as the one game you are known for, so be carful subs can be relentless

Its not always going to be fun - Its horrible to say, but its true, Youtube isn't all about having fun with games and fans, it can be extremly pain staking to do, espiecally on your health and mind, doing youtube "just for fun" will only get you so far, because after awhile it goes from "fun" to "i need to get a video out by friday! sh*t, what do i do?!" which then leads into a panic and Possibly a bad video, so MAKE A PLAN! trust me, planning what you are going to play, and spending a day hunting for games, is a MASSIVE help!

There are more points but none come to mind at the moment, i'll be updating this as time goes on, if you disagree with these that completly fine, this is from my point of view, i wanted to give the real fact behind youtube from what i have expieranced, your experiances may differ, so take it with a pinch of salt

Forgive the grammer i'm dylexic lol

Great advice, I agree

Reactions: MrBlank