Let's Play

Spike Slayer

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2016
YouTube
I am thinking of doing Let's Play videos. Is there anything I am suppose to do to be able to make them, or can I just go on an make them for people to enjoy? I am a little new to making different kinds of videos

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
For your first Let's Play you should play a game you are very familiar with and feel comfortable with playing. Have you done any other kinds of videos? If so what kind? For the length of the videos I try to keep it about 20-30 minutes long. I think 10-15 is too short and more than 30 is a bit too long. I've been doing LPs for a while so I have some experience but I'm no expert!

Reactions: Spike Slayer

Spike Slayer

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2016
YouTube
For your first Let's Play you should play a game you are very familiar with and feel comfortable with playing. Have you done any other kinds of videos? If so what kind? For the length of the videos I try to keep it about 20-30 minutes long. I think 10-15 is too short and more than 30 is a bit too long. I've been doing LPs for a while so I have some experience but I'm no expert!
Yes, I have been playing and recording arma 3, and 2.

Spike Slayer

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2016
YouTube
You have to enjoy making the Let's Plays. It'll make them better to watch. Viewers will be able to tell if you are having fun. If it feels like a chore to record than you shouldn't record at that time.
OK, cool I usually enjoy and have fun on those and games that have a deep story

Jagger

Jan 26, 2015
YouTube
A Lets Play, to me, is you just playing whatever game and having fun.

Some Knowledge of the game would be nice, but if not, just add the fact that it is a Blind LP in the title.

A game you will 100% should be called more like a Guide or walkthrough