Solved Less income since 1th July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2014
Hey,

it's the second time this year that the income is only 50-70% of the previous earnings...

(Well the first time was in January, but that's always the case, because Christmas is over...)

The second time I only got 50-70% was in ~March. There I heard that YouTube changed anything about the ads... so it was because of them...
Now I climbed my way up again since March, but since 1th July I only get 50-70% of the previous earnings again, with the same amout of views etc...

Can anyone tell me, why this happened again? Did you or YouTube change something about the ads again???
Does anyone else have the same income decrease?

Thanks.

Dec 16, 2014
Yeah, but I have more than one channel and the decrease form 30-50% of the earnings is on every one of them since 1th July. The viewer count is still the same on all of them.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned above ads cam be influenced by a lot of things, of course with the ad boycott that was effecting channels. While YouTube has had talks and announced this should level out for content creators there maybe some restrictions on ads or reductions of ads available on certain content. Further to this the decreased revenue could just be a result of more people using ad blockers and as such not seeing ads on your videos so much, or even due to the ad revenue generated for those views - don't forget that CPM can change throughout the year. For example during the Holiday season, when advertisers have their largest budget, your CPM will skyrocket and then drop during the Spring season when their budgets are at their lowest.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.