Leaving...

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hello community,

Since I'm purely tired of seeing 0 views in any of my videos which have been up for a day for my subscribers to watch, but none of them have views after 21 hours, then I for one see no point working so hard on a channel where subscribers are so dead that they wont be even helping me, doesn't matter if its leaving a like or sharing the video with a friend...

My dreams of being good at this has died once again cos I've had dead subscribers before and that time I had 150 of them, this time I have 120 times less of them and STILL I'm incapable of having 3-4 views ON a video.

So, this is the last time you'll be seeing me visit this forum, and 15th of this week will be the last time when I will ever have any videos uploaded after that one, why? COS I SEE NO POINT of doing what I love when I can't get anything out of it...

So, bye :'(

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
First of all... you just STARTED. Don't expect views to come right away. The only reason I got views was that I keep sharing my contents to communities who are interested. Share your interest for those who are interested and ask for feedback!

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
First of all... you just STARTED. Don't expect views to come right away. The only reason I got views was that I keep sharing my contents to communities who are interested. Share your interest for those who are interested and ask for feedback!

Yeah, I'm like mega new... Sarcasm aside, no I'm not new... I've been creating YouTube content since YouTube was at its early stage as 2007-2009, pretty much 8-9 years ago... Those channels are still out there, viewable to everyones eyes, don't have an access to them, so there is that, I had a channel with 150 subscribers, but deleted it since People were saying ****** things about Machinima... Therefore, I'm not new and I didn't just start, maybe with current channel, but in the end of the day, I'm still old.

MykieDoesStuff

Freedom! Member
Jul 28, 2016
YouTube
Agent_Proxy
Yeah, I'm like mega new... Sarcasm aside, no I'm not new... I've been creating YouTube content since YouTube was at its early stage as 2007-2009, pretty much 8-9 years ago... Those channels are still out there, viewable to everyones eyes, don't have an access to them, so there is that, I had a channel with 150 subscribers, but deleted it since People were saying ****** things about Machinima... Therefore, I'm not new and I didn't just start, maybe with current channel, but in the end of the day, I'm still old.
Still. You started over.

Honestly if some things aren't working out, try to do new things. Experiment and such.

Make yourself stand out in the community. Won't be easy, but if you put lot of effort into it, you can do it.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Since it is a new channel whether you've been at it for a while or not doesn't matter as you've essentially been active with that channel for only a couple months and starting up from nothing is difficult and can take a LONG time to build up a viewerbase. If it's truly what you love to do then stop worrying about the numbers and enjoy what you are doing. People will come eventually and come to respect a never give up attitude but they'll never show up in the first place if you quit too soon.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When starting a new youtube channel it can always be a challenge to get it off the ground. If you gain 0 views then i would try and find where the problem may be, Is it title, description, tags or just the content itself?
Everyone gains dead subscribers in time, that is a process you can't stop but i would not give up due to a minor setback. Get yourself together and chase that dream you long for ;)

Reactions: Crazylawrence

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
I'm not really leaving YouTube / community... I have a better goal to focus on and its getting 250 videos uploaded even if its scheduled uploads... I'm nearly at 50 total videos...

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
When starting a new youtube channel it can always be a challenge to get it off the ground. If you gain 0 views then i would try and find where the problem may be, Is it title, description, tags or just the content itself?
Everyone gains dead subscribers in time, that is a process you can't stop but i would not give up due to a minor setback. Get yourself together and chase that dream you long for ;)

Words of wisdom right there. I like it.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
It's been great knowing you. In such a short time we've had some great moments in chat and I would like to wish you the best for whatever's next on your journey. I hope to see you around.
My one advice to you is never give up. I was the same with my gaming channel and it went on for ages but I never gave up and eventually started growing.
If you ever need some help you can chat with me either by email, hangouts, steam or here. I'm always active.
Maybe you could use this handbook for some motivation?
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1RuRjUo5SmUH9l6TuHloebIEFIH1igd125IrpDSwK98I

Your a great person, I can't wait to see what you dream up next.

Here's some inspirational quotes:

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop"

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”

“Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.”

"If people aren't laughing at your dreams, your dreams aren't big enough"

"Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you"

On behalf of all of the Showcase One Media Team,
Best wishes for your future, see you around.

Reactions: SannuG

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Just to point out, I'm not giving up on anything... I haven't cared so much when it comes to regards of having views per video, if I have 0 view on a vid, I don't care, my main focus goes to uploading as many videos as possible, through that your channel has more expousor, people who have videos under 1000 wont have enough viewability since there are channels which have way more videos in total than you or me, that is why we "grow" slow.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Just to point out, I'm not giving up on anything... I haven't cared so much when it comes to regards of having views per video, if I have 0 view on a vid, I don't care, my main focus goes to uploading as many videos as possible, through that your channel has more expousor, people who have videos under 1000 wont have enough viewability since there are channels which have way more videos in total than you or me, that is why we "grow" slow.
Great to hear. Maybe once I start the gaming site we can feature your videos on it.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
As a response to your other post titled "The Dirty Truth".
It's pretty difficult to get success out of following your passion when everyone else has the same passion. YouTube has more gamers than any other kind of content so to think that following your passion exactly as you envision it would work is a madman's mission that will always end it failure.

My channel is built on my perspective on popular events, you know, new things that people are searching for. Since these events are brand new to the eyes and brains of the people, it means that there is going to be a new search term being used more commonly than it ever was before. Example: Sydney Airport's Vague Policies Result in Loss of Property of Famous YouTuber.

That just broke this morning and it's something that I should probably be making a video on since lots of people are going to be searching for it. However, something like you have been posting recently like "Battlefield 1 (Open Beta) Walkthrough" is so generic that thousands of others have already posted that exact same thing.

Remember this if you decide to continue producing content - You're only being successful on this platform when you are reaching new people, since new people means a new opportunity to grow. I've gained about 40 subscribers in the past 3 weeks because I've managed to get my subscriber-views to total view ratio down to 99:1 from 70:30, meaning now 99% of my views are coming from people who are not subscribed. It means I'm reaching more new people than I was before since less of them are already subscribbled.

This may seem wrong at first, but that means this in simplicity: You don't want your subscribers to be your audience. Particularly, your biggest audience. Without producing content that appeals to someone other than someone that's already found you, you can expect to go nowhere.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
As a response to your other post titled "The Dirty Truth".
It's pretty difficult to get success out of following your passion when everyone else has the same passion. YouTube has more gamers than any other kind of content so to think that following your passion exactly as you envision it would work is a madman's mission that will always end it failure.

My channel is built on my perspective on popular events, you know, new things that people are searching for. Since these events are brand new to the eyes and brains of the people, it means that there is going to be a new search term being used more commonly than it ever was before. Example: Sydney Airport's Vague Policies Result in Loss of Property of Famous YouTuber.

That just broke this morning and it's something that I should probably be making a video on since lots of people are going to be searching for it. However, something like you have been posting recently like "Battlefield 1 (Open Beta) Walkthrough" is so generic that thousands of others have already posted that exact same thing.

Remember this if you decide to continue producing content - You're only being successful on this platform when you are reaching new people, since new people means a new opportunity to grow. I've gained about 40 subscribers in the past 3 weeks because I've managed to get my subscriber-views to total view ratio down to 99:1 from 70:30, meaning now 99% of my views are coming from people who are not subscribed. It means I'm reaching more new people than I was before since less of them are already subscribbled.

This may seem wrong at first, but that means this in simplicity: You don't want your subscribers to be your audience. Particularly, your biggest audience. Without producing content that appeals to someone other than someone that's already found you, you can expect to go nowhere.

I'm not following my passion... This is my hobby which I'm working on and have fun with, I have other things going on in live that I have an opportunity to work on about.. I have an actual job which I do from Monday throughout Friday, it may not be maximum hours as one worker should be working, but work is work and I do it because I love it, being passionate is not a thing to me anymore, nor I follow it, this is my hobby not something I try to become depended on.

This thread was made when I was hoping that the friends I had were to support me, talk to me when I was having troubling times, but I came out of the situation, which is now I wish that I was able to close the thread without a mod doing it for me...

Also, I've mentioned before that I will not be giving up on my hobby, and I have been constantly producing content and uploading content consistently as one or any of the YouTubers should be daily basis not skipping a day... What I mean by consistency is that I have been uploading videos with a scheduled option and scheduled them weeks or two ahead; so every day at 9 PM in my time is when a singular video releases to be viewed...

There may be many channels which are doing videos under the same category like I am, but I am not as passionate as thousands of others, I do this because I love gaming and its purely for entertaining and sharing what and how I do play my own games with an actual commentary... Having 61 videos, 12 or 13 of them are scheduled, that means rest of those 49 videos are viewable for everyone...

Couldn't call that as giving up, and it may sounds to be passionate for others, but this opportunity was given me and I do it as much as possibly available... I love YouTube, I love gaming and I love to have an actual job where I can go out and socialize with actual person and not be stuck inside my room, scared of the work.. Also, I will be doing more than just gaming videos... Soon I will be expanding to more for musical production like promote the ones already out there even when I could be copyright noticed.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Good to hear your not giving up but Quantity does not always beat Quality. Gaming related channels tend to grow in a slower pace due to that the majority of youtube is making these and most views go to those who have already earned their place. At first i was making daily content but due to work had to fall back to 3 times a week and strange enough i gain more with 3 video's a week then when i did daily. The video's i make are also regarding games wich have been out for months and are already claimed but still i gain views on them. Though it is not much in the beginning, the longer the series continues the more views it gains along the way :)

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Good to hear your not giving up but Quantity does not always beat Quality. Gaming related channels tend to grow in a slower pace due to that the majority of youtube is making these and most views go to those who have already earned their place. At first i was making daily content but due to work had to fall back to 3 times a week and strange enough i gain more with 3 video's a week then when i did daily. The video's i make are also regarding games wich have been out for months and are already claimed but still i gain views on them. Though it is not much in the beginning, the longer the series continues the more views it gains along the way :)

In a way, that is true that gaming is a category where people dent to grow slower because of said, said reasons... However, as a gamer, we need to realize that there are different kind of gaming content out there, let's plays tend to be ones where nobody is talking, then there are multiplayer only people, and then there are people who do mixed single player and multiplayer, and then there are people who just do single player with an aspect of doing let's play, walkthrough / playthrough and gameplay.. And its bit complicated if you are reading it, but I do have a hope you understand what I mean...

And when it comes to my channel then you should see similarities when it comes to the channel, and if you visit my channel, then you should be seeing "People to sub to" or something like that, and if you see the famous "SSoHPKC" then you would understand what kind of content he does since he is in the list, the other 2 you see in there are CS:GO YouTubers...

We also tend to mix gamers, there are many of them, but I can't really categorize CS:GO YouTuber to overall gaming channel, even if it is a video game, and there is why and that why can be read above...

Here is a bit of glanse to see What kind of content "SSoHPKC" does.

And yes, I do pretty much the same kind of content like he is, but I try to mix it up with racing, sports game and so on.

MarkSTaylorx

Rising User
Jun 4, 2014
If you truly enjoy it then keep going. If you never needed to work again and money was not an issue would you still do this? If the answer is no then switch lanes or look into something else. YouTube these days you will have to be around 1,400 subs to get around 20 views on a video. People with 20k subs get like 600 - 1k views. The ones at 4 million get around 200k that is why so many click bait to get more interaction. I don't watch all channels because of being subbed to a lot of creators I can't watch them all at the time I see the videos in my feed.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
If you truly enjoy it then keep going. If you never needed to work again and money was not an issue would you still do this? If the answer is no then switch lanes or look into something else. YouTube these days you will have to be around 1,400 subs to get around 20 views on a video. People with 20k subs get like 600 - 1k views. The ones at 4 million get around 200k that is why so many click bait to get more interaction. I don't watch all channels because of being subbed to a lot of creators I can't watch them all at the time I see the videos in my feed.

Just a warning, this might get deep...

The thing is, I totally love what I do. YouTube is an opportunity for me, it is not my passion since I don't really feel so passionate when it comes to YouTube or anything in life, I just do them because I love it and them being an opportunity to me - an opportunity since I can socialize via my videos with people even when it is a video and nobody is really watching them - Also having an actual - paid work even if it is a "part-time" is not that bad, I'm officially signed to that work, I do it just five hours a day, and at first it was because I wanted to be with my girlfriend - well now ex-girlfriend since she has broken up with me, even though I did it for her... I've sit in home for 4-years, it happened after I went home schooled cos I couldn't deal with the bad things going around me and I had a fight with a classmate who hit me to head couple of times cos he was mad of me calling his butt out for something I no longer remember. I graduated which after that I went to be home sick or staying at home till 4-5 months ago, where she encouraged me to apply for a work.

I did this job thing for us (so we can be together, marry and such things like that) - but she told me she was happy with someone else, which then encouraged me to block her and she is even blocked now.

MarkSTaylorx

Rising User
Jun 4, 2014
Just a warning, this might get deep...

The thing is, I totally love what I do. YouTube is an opportunity for me, it is not my passion since I don't really feel so passionate when it comes to YouTube or anything in life, I just do them because I love it and them being an opportunity to me - an opportunity since I can socialize via my videos .

Replying to that part ^ Have you tried other platforms not just YouTube like twitch or live streaming on YouTube. If you like the social aspects of it you could test out doing live streams when more people are online and see how that goes. There is a lot of testing and learning to be done to find out what works best. Don't give up so soon.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Replying to that part ^ Have you tried other platforms not just YouTube like twitch or live streaming on YouTube. If you like the social aspects of it you could test out doing live streams when more people are online and see how that goes. There is a lot of testing and learning to be done to find out what works best. Don't give up so soon.

I'm better off leaving this network than my hobby if I was to be real.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
In a way, that is true that gaming is a category where people dent to grow slower because of said, said reasons... However, as a gamer, we need to realize that there are different kind of gaming content out there, let's plays tend to be ones where nobody is talking, then there are multiplayer only people, and then there are people who do mixed single player and multiplayer, and then there are people who just do single player with an aspect of doing let's play, walkthrough / playthrough and gameplay.. And its bit complicated if you are reading it, but I do have a hope you understand what I mean...

And when it comes to my channel then you should see similarities when it comes to the channel, and if you visit my channel, then you should be seeing "People to sub to" or something like that, and if you see the famous "SSoHPKC" then you would understand what kind of content he does since he is in the list, the other 2 you see in there are CS:GO YouTubers...

We also tend to mix gamers, there are many of them, but I can't really categorize CS:GO YouTuber to overall gaming channel, even if it is a video game, and there is why and that why can be read above...

Here is a bit of glanse to see What kind of content "SSoHPKC" does.

And yes, I do pretty much the same kind of content like he is, but I try to mix it up with racing, sports game and so on.
Yea i understand and agree with you! To be hones i am such a gamer who does Gameplay only and i focus on all parts of gaming actually. I do MMO's, Racing, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, all genres that are out there for the Playstation 4. For me growth went slow the first 2 years and now that i am almost entering my 4th year is when i'm getting a more stable flow :)