Leafy Bashing

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
h3h3 bashed leafy pretty hard with his new video. What do you think about the situation?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
h3h3 bashed leafy pretty hard with his new video. What do you think about the situation?
Oh sweet, h3h3 uploaded a new video? I'll go check it out and update my post.

Damn, Leafy was cruel to that guy. Having people threaten another person's life is horrible. Making fun of people shouldn't be entertained. When youtubers have a big following, they should be careful with what videos they make. Apparently leafy makes a million views per video as well.

Reactions: M&Mnz

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
I know, he used to just make story's. Now he picks on kids and use Soflo titles and thumbnails.

Charxander Origin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2016
YouTube
Now I should probably go watch the video before posting anything, so I have my facts straight and what not, but I am feeling a little bold today, and am probably going to look like a bit of an idiot for doing so, but who cares, right? Anyways, all I really wanted to say is that a channel Leafy's size (or any size really) can't really control their fanbase, they go wild and do as they please, and it is kind of like a signature of reaction channels, since they have to well..react to other videos and things online, which just asks for chaos. Unless Leafy directly told them to harass this kid, which I doubt, but again I haven't seen the video, so I don't know everything, then can he really be held accountable for the actions of a million people? Sure you could say "Well he made the video so yeah, he can" but at the same time, a million people, each with their own brains and capable of making their own choices? I get it, he's influential and what not, and people love nothing more than to cause chaos online, but still, unless he DIRECTLY told his fanbase to do it, I don't think he can be held responsible for their actions. Like M&Mnz, if your 89 subs started harassing someone over a video you made, you would probably tell them to stop right? If they don't, then what? Are you responsible for their actions, do you think that is fair that people will blame you for what they do online?

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Now I should probably go watch the video before posting anything, so I have my facts straight and what not, but I am feeling a little bold today, and am probably going to look like a bit of an idiot for doing so, but who cares, right? Anyways, all I really wanted to say is that a channel Leafy's size (or any size really) can't really control their fanbase, they go wild and do as they please, and it is kind of like a signature of reaction channels, since they have to well..react to other videos and things online, which just asks for chaos. Unless Leafy directly told them to harass this kid, which I doubt, but again I haven't seen the video, so I don't know everything, then can he really be held accountable for the actions of a million people? Sure you could say "Well he made the video so yeah, he can" but at the same time, a million people, each with their own brains and capable of making their own choices? I get it, he's influential and what not, and people love nothing more than to cause chaos online, but still, unless he DIRECTLY told his fanbase to do it, I don't think he can be held responsible for their actions. Like M&Mnz, if your 89 subs started harassing someone over a video you made, you would probably tell them to stop right? If they don't, then what? Are you responsible for their actions, do you think that is fair that people will blame you for what they do online?
The issue mainly, is Leafy himself, is making fun of people with autism, and children that are very young. It kind of reinforces people to go along with the hate, since people love drama. I'd google h3h3, and see the video for yourself, it's his latest upload.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
In my opinion, Leafys videos are for entertainment purposes, he is not a horrible person and is simply honest with his opinions, something a lot of other people should try to follow.

His videos are for entertainment, he doesn't personally hate others (unless valid reasons etc).

We all have different senses on humour, I personally find his funny as it is similar to mine. Everyone at some time in their life has made a joke out of someone else or laughed at someone else's misfortune / stupidity. Leafy just does it publically.

He has no control over his fans, if they take it literally and act on it then it is not on Leafys back but the individual that didn't understand the joke / acted on it.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I still feel that featuring random people to rip on shouldn't be encouraged. But, I most likely don't have the full story. It was just sad to hear about an autistic man that made videos on youtube, wanted to quit for good.

Vers

Jan 30, 2016
his videos keep getting worse and worse, imo his channel became worse after he stopped making kids that ddos

LeGenDaryPuLse

Mythic User
Nov 26, 2015
Not in Fallout 4
YouTube
I feel that Leafy just needs to tone down what he does. He never intentionally hates on someone out of malicious intent. His fans are the real problem, they all just go and attack people and tell people to kill themselves and all that

Reactions: akirby80

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
I think that if H3H3 was the friend he said he was, this would have been a private matter. It was done for views and for the attention. That Said.. Leafy looked like he was in the wrong. That's what happens when you make a channel dedicated to a response channel..eventually you hit someone you shouldn't have. I havne't seen Leafy's response - I do hope its a 'yea to far'. That will make this go away the quickest for him.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Have you guys seen Leafy's fans?
Go in the comment section of one of his videos, comment something about the video and you're bound to get people replying to you telling you to kys

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
I think he was being a dickhead. Fair enough that he thinks it is satire, but to that extent? I have not watched the video myself, but have watched others. I enjoyed watching him with his stories on drugs, and kids that ddos, but his content now is so unoriginal. Every video is him bashing on a young child, or someone who does not fit the norm (Mrblackdarness, furries etc) i think he needs to turn down a notch, because it does seem sometimes that he is attacking people, and his fans of course will follow, sending the death threats, as they believe it is OK. Yes, he is allowed to make that content but honestly, he is WAY too harsh.

Chronamut

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I think he was being a dickhead. Fair enough that he thinks it is satire, but to that extent? I have not watched the video myself, but have watched others. I enjoyed watching him with his stories on drugs, and kids that ddos, but his content now is so unoriginal. Every video is him bashing on a young child, or someone who does not fit the norm (Mrblackdarness, furries etc) i think he needs to turn down a notch, because it does seem sometimes that he is attacking people, and his fans of course will follow, sending the death threats, as they believe it is OK. Yes, he is allowed to make that content but honestly, he is WAY too harsh.

people are free to do many things, but it does not mean that because you CAN do something, that you SHOULD. Personally it shows his own insecurities and hatreds projecting onto other people. Someone who hates everything is someone who is full of hate.