Killed and resurrected.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I just took an entire new swing to the channel. Recently I made a post about my "Day for a Day" channel challenge, and this is tied almost-kinda-completely to it.

The channel that I am refitting used to be my gaming channel, and now I've gone ahead and deleted all of the old gaming videos. All of them, dead.
The channel shall rise back up as some kind of vlog channel of no particular video focus until a specific type takes off. This of course coincides with my new Canon Powershot SX60, because 1080p60 is a wonderful thing. I am also almost certain none of the 23 subscribers on this channel are active, so they won't be missing anything.

I simply don't believe in gaming as a channel type anymore and I look forward to both starting and completing my channel challenge in this format.

This new camera boosts the value of my entire YouTube content creation setup to $3825 CAD.

Also note that the poll will close after 700 months.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I just took an entire new swing to the channel. Recently I made a post about my "Day for a Day" channel challenge, and this is tied almost-kinda-completely to it.

The channel that I am refitting used to be my gaming channel, and now I've gone ahead and deleted all of the old gaming videos. All of them, dead.
The channel shall rise back up as some kind of vlog channel of no particular video focus until a specific type takes off. This of course coincides with my new Canon Powershot SX60, because 1080p60 is a wonderful thing. I am also almost certain none of the 23 subscribers on this channel are active, so they won't be missing anything.

I simply don't believe in gaming as a channel type anymore and I look forward to both starting and completing my channel challenge in this format.

This new camera boosts the value of my entire YouTube content creation setup to $3825 CAD.

Also note that the poll will close after 700 months.
F*cking power to you. I respect your brazen to throw everything to the wind and try something new. More channels need to step back and do what you did: completely rethink their channel direction.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
F*cking power to you. I respect your brazen to throw everything to the wind and try something new. More channels need to step back and do what you did: completely rethink their channel direction.
I think alot of channels simply need to find out what direction their channel is actually going in, since many people just jump in without a game plan.

Just one day stepped up and said "I'm going to do YouTube" with people going off on separate tracks and far too often taking the road you're not supposed to travel. I am specifically referencing the first 26 seconds of this vlogbrothers video with John Green.
[Not my video]

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Respect mate for what you did!

From the beginning i always tought about making a *Gameplay* channel and so far (2 Years later) it still is and i am working on improving. Only thing i am in doubt with is doing commentary. Something in me tells me to do it but the other half in me tells not to because i'm not that type of guy who likes to talk during a game. When i'm gaming i'm in my zone and talking takes me out of it...

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Ya, kinda reminds me how I scraped my previous channel with 300 subs and a ridiculous amount of views. Re branded and started from scratch with an entirely new channel.

I don't really agree with the whole not believing in a gaming channel type thing, as it's certainly possible ... just harder. It takes more work and effort to make a gaming channel grow. I personally don't mind it because I enjoy gaming.

I see too many people fail at it and assume the problem was that it was a gaming channel when the actual problem was the things they where doing and how the handled their channel. The games they played, to how they played them and their commentary. I say this because there are plenty of channels that are becoming successful even today. Just have to do it right.

On top of that, switching to a VLog channel is no guarantee you will be doing any better. It's really going to depend on the kind of content you release. Personally if I was to do something like vlogs, I would likely end up becoming something like a skeptics channel similar to the amazing atheist, but maybe a whole lot less screaming. Maybe something more similar to secular talk.

The issue with it is I don't think I would enjoy it as much as I do gaming.

Reactions: Phil Kidd

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Dude great idea , a lot of respect there is hardly anyone who would do this but you have , gaming is very hard to do and I'm a year into and its been tough , but I'm going to start vlogging soon which will be fun , Now I wish you all the best of luck and cant wait to see the videos :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't really agree with the whole not believing in a gaming channel type thing, as it's certainly possible ... just harder. It takes more work and effort to make a gaming channel grow. I personally don't mind it because I enjoy gaming.
Dude great idea , a lot of respect there is hardly anyone who would do this but you have , gaming is very hard to do and I'm a year into and its been tough , but I'm going to start vlogging soon which will be fun , Now I wish you all the best of luck and cant wait to see the videos :)

Hello? ... It's me. I've been gaming for a couple years with little to no gain. [Adele parody]

I should state that it's just me. After my time it is relevant that gaming just isn't for me. It might be the thing that makes someone else strive for potential success, but it has burnt out for me.

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Hello? ... It's me. I've been gaming for a couple years with little to no gain. [Adele parody]

I should state that it's just me. After my time it is relevant that gaming just isn't for me. It might be the thing that makes someone else strive for potential success, but it has burnt out for me.

Understandable ... I imagine it must happen to many people along the way.

As long as I don't get bored of gaming, I should be fine lol.

Reactions: Nolan Westmore