Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Everyone wants to be successful. Money, fame, influence. My first question; what do you define as success? Making reasonable expectations is very important, so you don't get so caught up in trying to meet your expectation that you get demoralized. You have to make goals to reach your destination, but even then, are you willing to put up the effort? It takes hard work and determination to reach the top, and nobody can get you there faster better than yourself.

Secondly, what about YOU makes you unique? Any John Doe can create a video. What do you do that makes you stand out? My advice would be to stop thinking about where you want to wind up, start getting lost in the moment. Don't worry about numbers, views, retention, just worry about making the person watching your video feel special. Make a connection and just be yourself!

Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, BE POSITIVE. Your audience aren't enjoying themselves if you aren't. Even with rant/rage videos, have fun with it. Make it funny, make it relatable. If you can't enjoy what you do, then it's either not for you or find something you truly enjoy. I enjoy spreading positive vibes and making people think, so that's what I stick to.

Of course research will help your channel grow(like optimizing video titles for SEO), but through these small tips, it will be more enjoyable for both you and your audience, and you should see your feedback become a lot better! Communicate, stay positive, be unique, and set & achieve your goals, and you'll be well on your way to success!

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Actually I disagree with your first sentence. I don't really desire any of those things, At least in the traditional sense. Not to be a d*ck. I'm just saying your post could be seen as aimed towards an audience of certain people.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Actually I disagree with your first sentence. I don't really desire any of those things, At least in the traditional sense. Not to be a d*ck. I'm just saying your post could be seen as aimed towards an audience of certain people.
True. I'm not trying to aim it in any particular direction. I just feel like whenever someone thinks of a successful person, those are the things they generally see someone having, but i see what you're saying. I could've definitely worded that better.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
True. I'm not trying to aim it in any particular direction. I just feel like whenever someone thinks of a successful person, those are the things they generally see someone having, but i see what you're saying. I could've definitely worded that better.

Still a good post for motivation but its always a good idea to teach people that success and wealth is not everything. Which I guess you did actually make a point of to be fair.

Reactions: Goped Fred

goshops

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 23, 2014
YouTube
I run my channel as a hobby but it would be nice to make some money off of it. It would be nice to make money like Markiplier and PewDiePie or Vanoss or H20Delirious, JackFrags, etc. but that isn't my goal. Making enough money so I can pay a few bills and take some stress off.

Though it is a big task to learn video editing and finding your style. Taking influence from bigger channels but not copying or becoming a clone. It is also a big task to get exposure and find the right websites to share your videos; which is something I thought Freedom was supposed to do, do they help get you exposure? I suppose it does through the forums and interacting with people, but that doesn't guarantee someone will look into your channel or click on the links in your signature/profile. Most people seem to be worrying about their own exposure instead of finding friends to game with.

The forums for helping people to connect for co-ops and collaborations are great but that doesn't guarantee people will be interested.

Reactions: Goped Fred

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I run my channel as a hobby but it would be nice to make some money off of it. It would be nice to make money like Markiplier and PewDiePie or Vanoss or H20Delirious, JackFrags, etc. but that isn't my goal. Making enough money so I can pay a few bills and take some stress off.

Though it is a big task to learn video editing and finding your style. Taking influence from bigger channels but not copying or becoming a clone. It is also a big task to get exposure and find the right websites to share your videos; which is something I thought Freedom was supposed to do, do they help get you exposure? I suppose it does through the forums and interacting with people, but that doesn't guarantee someone will look into your channel or click on the links in your signature/profile. Most people seem to be worrying about their own exposure instead of finding friends to game with.

The forums for helping people to connect for co-ops and collaborations are great but that doesn't guarantee people will be interested.
I know what you're saying. I like the fact that the community is so willing to work with each other. I feel like it's more of a stepping stone to create your own success rather than giving you publicity. It's definitely hard to get people interested who don't expect you to help them out in some way.