Review4Review Just revamped my channel what do you Thank?

JJ Krispy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Channel Review: Akros Ascending

******This is just for constructive criticizing not to offend you******

Banner and Logo: The banner and logo are pretty good however, since the logo is small I would recommend making the picture of yourself as big as possible and put a color for the background such as a red to match your channel colors. The banner is also very good and informative but it seems as though the banner is expanded making it a bit blurry. I recommend making the quality better for the "AKROS". Also change the twitter and facebook logos to a simple and clean looking png image. Lastly, the names for your twitter and facebook should be all white so they pop. Search on google for the banner size layout for youtube. This will give you a size chart in which you can use to properly size your name on your banner so it is clearly visible to those on mobile, which is a big audience.

Thumbnails: The thumbnails you have now are great and catch my eye however I think there are ways to improve. One of those being choosing one text font and always sticking with the same font. Secondly increasing the size of your font and make the text be as simple as possible for example instead of Survive - Wilderness Survival Healthy Survivor Challenge simply just put HEALTHY SURVIVOR CHALLENGE in big bold letters. This will catch the eye of someone. Third have a color for your text for example your channel colors are red and black but black wouldn't catch the eye of someone so use white. So make your thumbnail text bright red and white and dont use black. Fourth the fact that you use your pictures in the thumbnails is great. Keep doing that but make your picture a lot bigger so it takes up about 1/4 to 1/3 the size. Fifth If for example you have a red shirt on don't make the background red you always want to contrast your colors so it pops to someone looking at it. Sixth Always smile, you do thus already but keep doing it, it makes people happy when they see someone else thats happy. Seventh Always make your thumbnails HD so no resolution less than 720p (1280x720). You already do this which is great. Lastly use a little clickbait, don't put girls in your thumbnails just make it so people would want to click on it but have it still relate to your video.

Intro: Your intro is great and wouldnt really change anything

Sound: Your sound quality is really good but in post production change your voice so it is a considerable amount higher then your game audio.

Video Quality: Your video quality is great but there are some improvements you could make to your post porduction. One of those being tthe brightness, if you have a game that is very dim then raise the brightness slightly so you can see it better.The lighting for your camera should also be improved but you can fix this in post production by raising your brightness a little bit. You should look into having a popup happen during the middle of a video and tell people to subscribe or like if they are enjoying, not huge just big enough to catch there attention for a few seconds. You could do this a few times throughout the video.

Outro: Your outro is really good. Since your channel colors are red and white then I think the outro should be that too. After you upload your video you can go into annotations and cards, with this you can put a box around the video preview during the video outro so you can click on it and be brought to the video being previewed. Using the card features you can bring people to other videos by having an (i) pop up telling them about your other videos.

Description: You do a great job listing everyone involved in the video and a explaining what you do in the video which is fantastic and keep it up.

Youtube Layout: You should have other sections on your homepage such as popular uploads and playlists.

Video Length: Because of your size right now I recommend making shorter videos as this will not only boost your upload schedule but it will provide a more fun and engaging experience for the viewer.

Titles: Titles, along with thumbnails, are one of the most important things about a youtube video. Use CAPS to accentuate key parts in the title and keep it short and sweet.

Vlogs: For your vlogs i recommend having the backround be whatever you are talking about and instead of sitting in the middle sit to the side and showcase what you are talking about behind you since you have a green screen. Also think about having songs playing in the background at a low volume. Dont make them to long.

Overall: Overall your channel is really great and you are growing really fast and I'll watch you because you are entertaining which is great because that means other people will enjoy your videos. Having a full time job while doing youtube is not something everyone can say and I commend you for that and don't give up because at the rate you are going you will be huge one day.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND NEVER GIVE UP

-JJ Krispy