Entertainment Just Joined

ThePandrus

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 9, 2014
Essex
YouTube
Hey Chris. Welcome to the forums. Movie reviews sound awesome. I'm on a TV & Film course at my local college so it'd be awesome to work together one day. From all of us on the community team, we hope your enjoy your time here. Don't forget to check out all the different sections and interact with everyone, you'll make some awesome friends doing that. Stay awesome and have fun :)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Hey Everyone! Just joined these forums. I have a movie review youtube page that I've been using for a while, decided to really start pushing it recently.
Hey Chris!

Movie Reviews are a pretty nice thing to do if done well and can help you at growing your channel a lot if people search for the movies! Though there may be some Copyright issues with using the movies, how do you plan on getting around that? Will you use parts of the movies or not to avoid claims?

chriswyatt25

Rising User
Mar 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
YouTube
cwyattfilm
Hey thanks everyone for welcoming me. To answer some of your questions. I've been doing youtube reviews for about 2 years now off and on. Most recently I posted reviews for the movies A Cure For Wellness and Get Out. But I've got a ton from multiple genres and time periods.

I've definitely encountered some issues regarding Copyright with my videos. Technically, using clips of copyrighted material in a review is legal (it falls under Fair Use) though its a bit of a grey area as to how that's determined. Some of my vids use clips, others just use images. Those with clips, there's about a 50% chance it'll be claimed by the copyright holder (or a 3rd party). Normally they'll let you keep the video up, you just can't monetize it, though in some cases they'll take it down. I've definitely fought or appealed a few copyright claims. Its a tedious process but possible if you have a lot of patience.

And yeah, definitely looking to find new viewers/subscribers, network with other creative, people and possibly work with others on future projects. So thanks again for the friendly welcome, looking forward to being a part of these forums.

Reactions: StormMoreno