Just Confused about GamePlay videos

BytePlayer

Freedom! Member
i have hear that game play videos are not copyrighted stuff now freedom told me its copyrighted so i must removed my gameplay videos if want to join freedon what is going on i want answer from staff members please

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
What gameplay videos? All I see is two trailers...

Gameplay should be fine... usually... not sure what the problem is....

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Well Nintendo have a policy and...so many games are protected, don´t monetize your Gameplay videos (only for be sure); I think Game Reviews aren´t so Copryrighted...i think..

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
rise of tomb rider 2 gameplays, and new trailer for need for speed launch
Being with freedom doesn't really give you any protection from strikes... you still have to be careful what you post.
If you posted the trailer for need for speed, you would have to take that down as that video wasn't made by you... unless it's a fan trailer or something...
And rise of tomb raider is not out yet... so I don't see how you have footage of that unless you took that from the developers or something... again... leaking footage of a game pre release can get you in trouble. ..

Nerd

Hello, like @Hail Kira has said, being with Freedom does not protect you from copyright claims or strikes, it is still your own responsibility to know what you can and can not upload. You need to carefully look into the video policies of game publishers who's games you want to play.

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
I know that Nintendo is SUPER STRICT when it comes to their games sadly! :/

However, I've never had any problems with Ubisoft games. They're pretty chill about stuff like this i've heard! :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
If a game is copyrighted, they'll simply take your monetizing rights from that particular video and will not likely ask for it to be taken down due to such a reason. A good trick to avoid instant copyright claims by YouTube's content recognition system is to turn off music that was not made for that game in particular, such as GTA 5's radio.

I can also say beyond any doubt that the 105 subscribers listed on your channel are illegitimate, 100% fake and against YouTube's terms of service.
1 view, channel created today, and 105 subscribers do not add up.

UPDATE ON THE ABOVE (5:06 EDST): User has gained 12 subscribers without posting a single new video or getting a single new video view.

Last edited:

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
If a game is copyrighted, they'll simply take your monetizing rights from that particular video and will not likely ask for it to be taken down due to such a reason. A good trick to avoid instant copyright claims by YouTube's content recognition system is to turn off music that was not made for that game in particular, such as GTA 5's radio.

I can also say beyond any doubt that the 105 subscribers listed on your channel are illegitimate, 100% fake and against YouTube's terms of service.
1 view, channel created today, and 105 subscribers do not add up.
I was thinking same thing. I ask my self if he got hidden video or something. As for music in background. It is a good reason to get copyright mark. As for game it self, o cant say if you have right or not. This post dont show prof in any way....

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
This happened with sants row 3, basically I got into a car and the radio was playing and they claimed copyright so i couldn't mo0netize it.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I have 350+ gameplay vids from a diverse range of Ps4 titles and never had any problems....
The only thing i had 1 time was background music and after removing it the problem was solved.[DOUBLEPOST=1446769033][/DOUBLEPOST]
This happened with sants row 3, basically I got into a car and the radio was playing and they claimed copyright so i couldn't mo0netize it.
Remove the music or replace it and the strike will drop ;)

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Also update on my concerns of the OP's channel.

Now at 143 subscribers and now 4 views. Channel was created today.[DOUBLEPOST=1446777798][/DOUBLEPOST]He's now at 166 and 5 views.

Last edited:

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sad that people are so desperate for subs that they feel the need to fake them...
But anyhow..chances of those videos that you was asked to be takendown fore wasnt your videos seeing rise of the tomb raider isnt out yet. Also i have never had a issue with any of my gameplay videos so as long as they are actually yours and have no copyright music you should be fine..