Juggling full time job and YouTube (job).

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Hi guys! Been a while! May have seen me comment on a lot of posts recently, I've been on hiatus not only from here but also YouTube but finally getting a system down to manage everything!

So as stated in the title. How many of you guys are at a full time job, and also doing YouTube?

Me myself? I've got a full time job that has me working from 10 am to 7 pm, Which leaves little time to come up with content, shoot it, edit it, and ship it out asap. I also have a toddler he'll be 2 next Tuesday (Yay!) as well as a 3 month old baby girl. Those are a job themselves too! But I still somehow manage to push out a video most every day if possible, and trying to get a schedule together! Progressively adding more content to each one, better production, and more relatable segments!

Do you guys have a full time job as well? Maybe not even just a job, but school, kids, anything that would make it slightly if not way more difficult to get your content out.

If so how do you guys manage? I look forward to everyone's responses!

ReesFitz92

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
It's hard with kids because I only get to try and get good game plays on the night after kids gone to sleep so I'm working on a schedule with 3 uploads a week instead of trying to push a video each day so gives me more time for better content.

MisterUltimate

Freedom! Member
So far my best strategy has been to record as many videos as possible on one or two days out of the week. A few hours of editing, making thumbnails, etc. spread through the week, and I can usually stay ahead.

Now, mind you I'm on a Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat publishing schedule. Not sure if this would work as well for a daily schedule.

Also, keep in mind that I do gameplay based content, which is much less intensive than many other types of videos. Things that require a lot of pre-planning, scripts, locations, etc. would take much more time per video than what I'm doing.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I am running a fulltime job where i make between 132 and 152 hours per 4 weeks. I work in the security branch and mostly work night shifts and have 2 kids. In between the times i have my hand free i try to enjoy with gaming and record i for youtube. So far it all is going well :)

Bee

Chief Creative Director of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
I manage to juggle 3 jobs and YouTube and still end up having a life as well.. Part of the joy working mostly from home on my own time for a lot of what I do.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
I manage to juggle 3 jobs and YouTube and still end up having a life as well.. Part of the joy working mostly from home on my own time for a lot of what I do.
That would be my ideal job! I would love to work from home, lol who wouldn't!?

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I don't work full time but I go to school & work in the weekends so it's still busy. I'm lucky I can do a lot of school work at home so I can also make my vids on the side!