Upload Milestone I've post 900 videos.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
It could be the look of my channel because I'm not very creative at time. It just suck when I've seen a channel which pretty bad quality videos have more subs then me and get more views then I do.
Yea....you need to change your thumbnails and edit your videos more! :D A solid green overlay on all the thumbnails is not a good idea....you don't want people to get bored of looking at your thumbnails and not to mention, you need to show something special on your channel as to why the viewers should sub to you....because a lot of people do Overwatch with voice commentary for example...some new style of editing...or something....Just some tips to help you...[DOUBLEPOST=1484125812][/DOUBLEPOST]
It could be the look of my channel because I'm not very creative at time. It just suck when I've seen a channel which pretty bad quality videos have more subs then me and get more views then I do.
But most of all, don't worry about video to sub ratio and stuff...take your own time to grow....patience is really important!

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming
S

Spr1nt

Just a few suggestions. (I only saw your trailer and a few other videos so idk if you didn't change some of these.)
1. On your channel trailer, I saw that you were having problems completing sentences, so before recording make a script on your second monitor or on a piece of paper and read it out so you don't have to think about what you are going to say while recording a video.
2. Make better tags for your videos and some more popular content, see what's currently trending and try to post that.
3. Search on youtube for SEO tips and you will see how you should be getting more attention on your channel.
Don't give up, try to improve as much as you can.

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
Just a few suggestions. (I only saw your trailer and a few other videos so idk if you didn't change some of these.)
1. On your channel trailer, I saw that you were having problems completing sentences, so before recording make a script on your second monitor or on a piece of paper and read it out so you don't have to think about what you are going to say while recording a video.
2. Make better tags for your videos and some more popular content, see what's currently trending and try to post that.
3. Search on youtube for SEO tips and you will see how you should be getting more attention on your channel.
Don't give up, try to improve as much as you can.
That trailer is over a year old and needs to be updated. I feel like if I had a script you would beable to tell that I'm reading a script.
I play the games I want to play not whats popular right now. Also I don't always have the money for whats popular.
I still don't know what to do with tags full and I'm not as creative as would want to be that's why my thumbnails aren't the greatest.[DOUBLEPOST=1484159324][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea....you need to change your thumbnails and edit your videos more! :D A solid green overlay on all the thumbnails is not a good idea....you don't want people to get bored of looking at your thumbnails and not to mention, you need to show something special on your channel as to why the viewers should sub to you....because a lot of people do Overwatch with voice commentary for example...some new style of editing...or something....Just some tips to help you...[DOUBLEPOST=1484125812][/DOUBLEPOST]
But most of all, don't worry about video to sub ratio and stuff...take your own time to grow....patience is really important!
I hate the concept oh you need to edit more the videos I normally do aren't the type to be edited. When it comes to creating things like thumbnails I completely lose all creativity.

Last edited:

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
That trailer is over a year old and needs to be updated. I feel like if I had a script you would beable to tell that I'm reading a script.
I play the games I want to play not whats popular right now. Also I don't always have the money for whats popular.
I still don't know what to do with tags full and I'm not as creative as would want to be that's why my thumbnails aren't the greatest.[DOUBLEPOST=1484159324][/DOUBLEPOST]
I hate the concept oh you need to edit more the videos I normally do aren't the type to be edited. When it comes to creating things like thumbnails I completely lose all creativity.
Congrats on making 900 videos! Thats a huge number for a start. However as stated before yes 900 videos in relation to your sub count is very low but it can be fixed. As some people have already suggested yes you should definitely change your channel banner and thumbnails. Ok yes as you said you dont think your creative enough but with practice im sure you will work somthing out, its about trail and error. Also i noticed your titles for the videos can be very poor and unattractive for example your tomb raider ones, they have nothing on them that make you want to click and theres no difference between them apart from a number "tomb raider part 1" it just doesnt appeal to people, maybe it should be more like "tomb raider - epic weapon #1" you know somthing that happens in the level (and put the main bit in capitals to stand out) state a point of interest. It doesnt help that the majority of the games you play only relate to a small stream of people youtube wise, but its fine if thats what you love. The main thing to sort out is appearance though and its obvious because everyone has said the same thing. Im sure if you do some of what has been said you will see a change over time. Obviously change is up to you but in my opinion you need it based on your numbers considering the amount of videos and time you have been on youtube. Goodluck to you and never give in.

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
Congrats on making 900 videos! Thats a huge number for a start. However as stated before yes 900 videos in relation to your sub count is very low but it can be fixed. As some people have already suggested yes you should definitely change your channel banner and thumbnails. Ok yes as you said you dont think your creative enough but with practice im sure you will work somthing out, its about trail and error. Also i noticed your titles for the videos can be very poor and unattractive for example your tomb raider ones, they have nothing on them that make you want to click and theres no difference between them apart from a number "tomb raider part 1" it just doesnt appeal to people, maybe it should be more like "tomb raider - epic weapon #1" you know somthing that happens in the level (and put the main bit in capitals to stand out) state a point of interest. It doesnt help that the majority of the games you play only relate to a small stream of people youtube wise, but its fine if thats what you love. The main thing to sort out is appearance though and its obvious because everyone has said the same thing. Im sure if you do some of what has been said you will see a change over time. Obviously change is up to you but in my opinion you need it based on your numbers considering the amount of videos and time you have been on youtube. Goodluck to you and never give in.
The Tomb Radier videos were the video right before I start add to the title again the reason I wasn't doing it was because when I was add on to the title it would take me p to a hour to figure out what to title the video. And I've been looking to try to upgrade thing like thumbnails and channel banners I just can't think of what to change it to.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
The Tomb Radier videos were the video right before I start add to the title again the reason I wasn't doing it was because when I was add on to the title it would take me p to a hour to figure out what to title the video. And I've been looking to try to upgrade thing like thumbnails and channel banners I just can't think of what to change it to.
Well thats the thing do each one differently so for example take a snap shot from in game and then just edit it and throw some extra pics or writing on top. Its fairly easy to do. If your looking for a good place to do it gimp works.

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I really wish that the amount of videos I uploaded = the amount of subs I have. :p
I went to your channel. Some advice that I would give is to work on your description more. Make the description more in depth about what your video is about and also posting non YouTube links in your description is bad. If someone clicks the link to go to your Twitter or Facebook Page, etc. it will end session watch time leading to give a penalty on the video making the YouTube algorithm less favor the video. Also your thumbnails are good quality, but you have a repeat of a lot of the same thumbnail. Just different part number on it. Making a change to thumbnail photos will probably help you out as well. You have a good Youtube Banner. It tells your fan base that you upload daily and at what time.

You should also try to build up your fan base on other social media as well. By the way don't post YouTube videos on Facebook. Facebook doesn't like YouTube video links and will lower the video into the news feed. So build up a fan base on Facebook by doing a short clip highlighting a main part of your video on YouTube and upload it as a Facebook video. Within the comment section of the Facebook video you can put your YouTube url leading to the full video.

You should also go to different events in your niche to network yourself as a brand.

Learn more about the social media and video marketing side of YouTube. It will help you!

Last edited:

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
I went to your channel. Some advice that I would give is to work on your description more. Make the description more in depth about what your video is about and also posting non YouTube links in your description is bad. If someone clicks the link to go to your Twitter or Facebook Page, etc. it will end session watch time leading to give a penalty on the video making the YouTube algorithm less favor the video. Also your thumbnails are good quality, but you have a repeat of a lot of the same thumbnail. Just different part number on it. Making a change to thumbnail photos will probably help you out as well. You have a good Youtube Banner. It tells your fan base that you upload daily and at what time.

You should also try to build up your fan base on other social media as well. By the way don't post YouTube videos on Facebook. Facebook doesn't like YouTube video links and will lower the video into the news feed. So build up a fan base on Facebook by doing a short clip highlighting a main part of your video on YouTube and upload it as a Facebook video. Within the comment section of the Facebook video you can put your YouTube url leading to the full video.

You should also go to different events in your niche to network yourself as a brand.

Learn more about the social media and video marketing side of YouTube. It will help you!
thank you. Ya completely forget about video description because I've never been good at describing anything. I have a twitter, tumblr, and facebook just don't really use the latter 2 because of laziness and not know what to do with them.