SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hey,

There have been lots of threads where people ask various questions about various things, and, in my point of view then no, they aren't really worth of anything you do, now let me get this across, youtube hasn't been about collabs and other such things for over 5-6 years, could be even 7 years, so it's harder for the smaller channels to thrive and become great.

There are ways for some of you to reach 10k total views and apply for the YPP (YouTube Partner Program), it just takes a lot of money to do it, one of my videos has 123 views by advertising it on other channels (no, I didn't make comments about it or anything, I didn't ask for subs, I didn't ask anyone to view it or anything) -- I bet lots of you have came across an ad that shows a video from said YouTube channel, yes, that is the worm of advertisement I was speaking of and that is how I got 123 views on that particular video, 10k views takes about 150 euros/USD a day, for week it's a lot more, I paid for those ads (legally that isn't against youtube terms of service or whatever), I bought my views via Adwords (where you can pay money for views (YouTube certificated), so what I did wasn't against terms of service or any other rule on YouTube.

So, what can you get from this post? Nothing but acknowledgement and understanding that YouTube now isn't ABOUT collaborations, it's about stupid Drama and other dumb crap and there are other ways to earn views (LEGAL VIEWS).

Best regards,
SannuG

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Really YouTube is what you make of it, and depending on what you want to get out of it really determines whether or not you think its worth it to yourself. Take gaming channels for example personally I think this is way oversaturated and most newer channels will have a very hard time getting noticed and growing in this oversaturated market, let alone appropriately advertising their content getting views etc

As for collaborations / shoutouts etc I think there has also been a rise in the 'What's in it for me culture' - simply put no-one does anything for free anymore - no I'm not just talking about monetary values here - but it does seem like no-one wants to help smaller channels grow without something in return. Not focusing on myself here but I used to do a shoutout series which was free and open to enter to anyone, I regularly hold giveaway for milestones, which again are open to anyone, with cash or game prizes and am always willing to give reviews or help if needed to other content creators.

If people are just using YouTube as a bit of harmless fun, and because they enjoy doing it, like myself, then I would definitely say its worth it, though if people are using this to 'get rich' or become 'YouTube famous' then they will need to work extremely hard and invest a lot of hours into this in order to achieve their goals. Does that mean they should forget about them.....NO I don't think they should, aim big and dare to dream

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Really YouTube is what you make of it, and depending on what you want to get out of it really determines whether or not you think its worth it to yourself. Take gaming channels for example personally I think this is way oversaturated and most newer channels will have a very hard time getting noticed and growing in this oversaturated market, let alone appropriately advertising their content getting views etc

Even though I didn't gain any subs from the appropriate advertisement (even if the video was streamed on another channel) I think 123 views out of any other content I have on my channel, I consider it such a great accomplishment and it felt good to see one of the videos do so good even though I paid for those views (which I'm glad about especially when those views are paid via Adwords not any other illegal website with fake views, comments and subs cos they're illegal)

As for collaborations / shoutouts etc I think there has also been a rise in the 'What's in it for me culture' - simply put no-one does anything for free anymore - no I'm not just talking about monetary values here - but it does seem like no-one wants to help smaller channels grow without something in return. Not focusing on myself here but I used to do a shoutout series which was free and open to enter to anyone, I regularly hold giveaway for milestones, which again are open to anyone, with cash or game prizes and am always willing to give reviews or help if needed to other content creators.

That's why I mentioned it, there is rarely any huge channel helping out the newest channels because they see no "point" on doing so, cos what if they help out and the newer channel surpasses the old channel just as easily, even though I'm stuck on the 14 subs, which I don't really care since adwords can't guarantee you but it can guarantee you lots of views with the amount of money you put in it.

If people are just using YouTube as a bit of harmless fun, and because they enjoy doing it, like myself, then I would definitely say its worth it, though if people are using this to 'get rich' or become 'YouTube famous' then they will need to work extremely hard and invest a lot of hours into this in order to achieve their goals. Does that mean they should forget about them.....NO I don't think they should, aim big and dare to dream

No, I agree with the first part of what you said, and it is worth of it, but making a channel around Drama and such which in my opinion is dat bit more "over-saturated" then idky people wanna destroy other channels like we've seen Jake do it with Faze Banks with false allegations and fake police report.

Edit: when it comes to gaming, I can somewhat see where it can be over-saturated, since there are a lot of YouTubers who only do Call of Duty, Minecraft, League of Legends, Battlefield, Dota 2 videos, but what about others? Let's Play's aren't dead, just not enough interesting YouTubers not doing them enough, the most interesting YouTuber that did them hasn't done a video for 7 months and you can kinda see a downfall when it comes to that

DanyalHD

New User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2016
YouTube
It's not easy, and luck is definitely a factor. But you have a point. YouTube is just so saturated these days it's hard to even get 100 views. Also, people say be original but there are millions of channels out there now, and with that many people making videos, that's not a bit difficult to say the least.

Smart Facts UK

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2017
United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube
It's not easy, and luck is definitely a factor. But you have a point. YouTube is just so saturated these days it's hard to even get 100 views. Also, people say be original but there are millions of channels out there now, and with that many people making videos, that's not a bit difficult to say the least.

Most of them a copies of popular channels as well :p

Reactions: Shadow6

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Well of course it's worth it, its the #1 video company

Just because it's the #1 video company out of any that has came out doesn't mean it's 100% worth it, there are thousands of channels who are doing same content all around (same genre), so it's hard for new comers to get news, I in the other hand, for me it's easy to get 100 views a video if I rightfully choose so, everything on youtube is so overly saturated and over the top, especially gaming genres, let's play's aren't really over saturated, but Call of Duty, Battlefield, Overwatch is making it look like it is, those who make videos about those 3 games aren't really Let's Player's, they're commentating on a game that they really like

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
YouTube is worth it! Collabs still happen all the time. To grow it's all about networking with the right people and collabing. You don't have to collab to grow your channel. But collabing is a great way to grow quicker.

Gamie

Rising User
Sep 20, 2017
YouTube
its definitely very hard for new youtuber to get their name out in the crowd,the community is ovrsaturated with content ovr and ovr again.

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube is worth it! Collabs still happen all the time. To grow it's all about networking with the right people and collabing. You don't have to collab to grow your channel. But collabing is a great way to grow quicker.

Collabing should happen regardless of one being a small channel, medium channel and/or big channel, the idea of Collaboration was helping out others and showing your subscribers who you are collabing with and maybe they should subscribe to them, thus far, I have seen none on my thread wanting to collab with me or anyone else, just only people viewing the posts and not replying, I have done many threads before and none of them got a reply either, so making it seem like "collabing" with others is totally worth it, then I am sorry, it really isn't... YouTube isn't about helping others out, it's about destroying others because they are more successful than others, "Freedom is helping you!" how is it helping me or anyone in this matter? Especially when nobody wants to collab for some of the stupidest reasons ever, "You're too small, I am not going to help you" this clearly shows that any network that says that is false. Giving people false hope of thriving and surviving on YouTube is not how the things should be, YouTube should be about fun and helping others out regardless of the subscriber numbers. Its sad that giving false hope to people drives people away from each other, I am no longer partnered to this network because I was disappointed at the network or the people who are part of this network.

KillerTheoryz

New User
Apr 2, 2017
Hey,

There have been lots of threads where people ask various questions about various things, and, in my point of view then no, they aren't really worth of anything you do, now let me get this across, youtube hasn't been about collabs and other such things for over 5-6 years, could be even 7 years, so it's harder for the smaller channels to thrive and become great.

There are ways for some of you to reach 10k total views and apply for the YPP (YouTube Partner Program), it just takes a lot of money to do it, one of my videos has 123 views by advertising it on other channels (no, I didn't make comments about it or anything, I didn't ask for subs, I didn't ask anyone to view it or anything) -- I bet lots of you have came across an ad that shows a video from said YouTube channel, yes, that is the worm of advertisement I was speaking of and that is how I got 123 views on that particular video, 10k views takes about 150 euros/USD a day, for week it's a lot more, I paid for those ads (legally that isn't against youtube terms of service or whatever), I bought my views via Adwords (where you can pay money for views (YouTube certificated), so what I did wasn't against terms of service or any other rule on YouTube.

So, what can you get from this post? Nothing but acknowledgement and understanding that YouTube now isn't ABOUT collaborations, it's about stupid Drama and other dumb crap and there are other ways to earn views (LEGAL VIEWS).

Best regards,
SannuG
Have fun, that's all. If you have fun when making these videos, then YouTube becomes a better place for you. Just a small youtuber givin advice.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey,

Best regards,
SannuG
For me Youtube is about sharing what i like to do wich is play Final Fantasy XIV, i'm not in for the money or to become the next big thing. I am just a random person who likes to share his Gameplay with others and talk about it with those who share the same interests :)