Solved Is this Paypal email a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhammond50

New User
Freedom! Member
Aug 15, 2016
Hey guys, I'm new here, but wanted to ask about an email I have received recently. This is the first payment I have received from Freedom, but I have received a paypal email telling me to claim my payment. I click on the button and it goes to a log in page, is it safe to log in, and has anyone else received this email, when receiving their first payment from freedom?

Thankyou

Théo Jouvin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 14, 2016
California, USA
YouTube
If the greeting in the email says your name, such as: Dear YouTubers Exposed,

Then the email is 99% from PayPal. However, if the email says something like: Dear PayPal User,

Then it is not from PayPal. Paypal emails always use your name in the greeting.

Reactions: PSNDeJKriz
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys, I'm new here, but wanted to ask about an email I have received recently. This is the first payment I have received from Freedom, but I have received a paypal email telling me to claim my payment. I click on the button and it goes to a log in page, is it safe to log in, and has anyone else received this email, when receiving their first payment from freedom?

Thankyou
I received the same sounding email from Paypal, but just to be safe, as @Fourth Wall Games said it might be best to go to Paypal directly and sign in from there just on the minute chance it could contain something malicious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.