HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys,

So I've recently started using the Media section here on the Forums for my content, and I love it as it allows fans to see the content on another platform... But today when I checked out my last video from yesturday, it says I had received 1,443 views......
really?
Is this normal?
I may seem surprised just because compared to my Youtube views there is a HUGE difference in the number.
I'm not complaining in any way shape or form, and I want to thank people for viewing the video and hope they enjoyed it. Just odd to see such a huge number for a video of mine posted yesturday. Have you seen a huge number of playbacks in your videos once uploaded to the media section?
See:
Capture.JPG

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Yes this does seem to be a thing, for some videos showing that the views are larger than its showing on YouTube. Not sure why this happens to be honest, who know's maybe these will be merged across

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Yes this does seem to be a thing, for some videos showing that the views are larger than its showing on YouTube. Not sure why this happens to be honest, who know's maybe these will be merged across
It's just odd. Now it's over 2200 views. LOL Not saying I have a problem with it, but 2200 views with no reaction from the viewers seems a bit off. LOL

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
We are not completely sure how the media section counts views, I noticed this when media was launched that media views didn't necessarily contribute to YouTube views. It may be people that have viewed the thumbnail of the video (in the media section or on the recent videos in the front page) rather than those that have actually gone into it and clicked.

Unfortunately these don't translate to YouTube views :( Aim to try and get your thumbnail/title as eye catching as possible and hopefully some will contribute to real views.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
We are not completely sure how the media section counts views, I noticed this when media was launched that media views didn't necessarily contribute to YouTube views. It may be people that have viewed the thumbnail of the video (in the media section or on the recent videos in the front page) rather than those that have actually gone into it and clicked.

Unfortunately these don't translate to YouTube views :( Aim to try and get your thumbnail/title as eye catching as possible and hopefully some will contribute to real views.
Ohh of course and I try too. It was just odd seeing that video have such a high number.

Mighty Turtle

Freedom! Member
Jul 17, 2016
YouTube
Some times it just happens, when I had 10 subs I put up a vid and got 500 views in a day on it, but only that 1 and everything else stayed at around 4-6.

Just enjoy it