Is this fair ?

Sparkiter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2016
YouTube
Okay guys... Recently I was pulled out of school and shouted at and threatend to have the police called on me, Because I made 1 video... Yes 1 video. Basically the school told one kid to take down his channel cus he swore, I made a video about this and then they pulled me out and yeah threatend to call the police on me... dude now I'm in a re-intergration class thingy like wtf ? Is this fair ?
(PS. I HOPE MY SCHOOL DOESNT FIND THIS POST)

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Okay guys... Recently I was pulled out of school and shouted at and threatend to have the police called on me, Because I made 1 video... Yes 1 video. Basically the school told one kid to take down his channel cus he swore, I made a video about this and then they pulled me out and yeah threatend to call the police on me... dude now I'm in a re-intergration class thingy like wtf ? Is this fair ?
Sounds pretty unfair to me. What country is this? I know some don't value freedom of expression as much as others.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Well technical it is iligal to record other people without their permissions.
However if you just disgussed the topic it should not be any problems.

Your school "suck" not to be rude or use bad words.
But honestly if a school want to kick you out of the school because you make youtube videos in your free time.
Then it is really a problem. Because england should have freedom of speach. (as i have been told by my british contacts).

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Yea, usually you need someone's permission to post videos of them on the internet. If not, you're liable to be sued (probably at worst case scenario) or just get a slap on the wrist. It's dumb for them to call the police on you, though. Not sure why they would take such drastic measures when you can just take it down and let live.

Sorry that you're getting such bad luck. :(
Hopefully things will be better in the future.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I don't think that your school will find this post. I'm sorry that things happened to you, it really depends on the videos you record, and how it effects that people around you. How are you holding up?

Sparkiter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2016
YouTube
Im fine now, But I did not say any names or the name of my school... So I still don't understand

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I assume you are American. If any school in the UK did that they would get a lot of backlash.

Schools are meant to help develop your creativity, not stamp it out.

As long as you don't record on school premises they have no authority over it.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Why is this allowed, it's basically making you feel uncomfortable on what to post, I would say make a new channel and don't tell anyone about it because it'll be annoying if a teacher is constantly checking your channel for a tiny hope to call you out on something.