YouTube Is this cheating?

Joe Obv

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2016
YouTube
I have been speaking with a friend of mine who does Youtube and they have suggested, watching some videos similar to mine and giving people feedback and asking for them to do the same in return.

Is this not a form of sub4sub? I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on it.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Firstly, Sub4Sub isn't "cheating" at all. It's just getting people to subscribe to your channel. It's bad because the people subscribing to your channel through it will be inactive and not watching your videos, meaning YouTube will unsubscribe them sooner or later.

What you're saying really depends. If you give actual Feedback to them and they want to take it it's good. Whether it helps your channel, I wouldn't be sure about that. Though it could also be taken as pute Comment Spam which wouldn't be nice either and YouTube may even take action against your channel for that.

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Piano Uncovered

Well-Known User
Firstly, Sub4Sub isn't "cheating" at all. It's just getting people to subscribe to your channel. It's bad because the people subscribing to your channel through it will be inactive and not watching your videos, meaning YouTube will unsubscribe them sooner or later.

What you're saying really depends. If you give actual Feedback to them and they want to take it it's good. Whether it helps your channel, I wouldn't be sure about that. Though it could also be taken as pute Comment Spam which wouldn't be nice either and YouTube may even take action against your channel for that.
Well said @LW001! :)

Joe Obv

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 2, 2016
YouTube

Thanks man, I understand what your getting at and completely agree.

Thank you :)

Reactions: Piano Uncovered

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I have been speaking with a friend of mine who does Youtube and they have suggested, watching some videos similar to mine and giving people feedback and asking for them to do the same in return.

Is this not a form of sub4sub? I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on it.

This will probably just get your channel flagged as a spammer. If you comment on other channels to check out your videos it's likely that some people wont like this and flag your message. Multiple messages being flagged YouTube will just block/hide all your messages you send.

I have a lot of messages in my spam inbox like this "I really liked your video I think it was really good etc..... would you be able to check out my channel also?" All of these message just get automatically placed in spam, I'm guessing because other YouTubers that have received them have flagged their messages as spam.

However giving actual feedback can be a great way to get to know other channels in your community and make friends. So definitely do the feedback part but not the asking for feedback in return. They may check out your video anyway and it stops you coming across as needy :)

Reactions: OnlyUltimate