Is starting a new channel the right thing to do?

Marko Darko

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Hey guys,
I've been struggling to progress my channel and stay active with content making for some time now and I'm ready to take a serious shot at it again, but I find most of my subscribers are inactive or people who just subbed to be friendly. When I upload a video I have to really push it and promote it on social media just to grab 30 views in its first few days. I want subs to be a more accurate representation of my view count so the numbers itself don't really matter to me.

I plan on setting a record/edit schedule, a social media schedule and generally completely re-branding my channel, using my experiences from my first time through I'll use the old channel as my learning experience. I intend to set everything up and make a few 'pilot' episodes for series to have uploaded at my sort of 'official' channel launch.
I also plan to try and stream alongside my YouTube schedule, because something I found that discouraged me from recording is that a lot of the games I play wouldn't make particularly good videos, so if I want to play something I am not recording I'm streaming.

Thoughts?

AchilleanOfficial

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
www.youtube.com
If the subscriber issue is so great, then I would advise that you start a new channel. If you do start a new one, I'd recommend that you don't start making videos straight away. Ensure you're prepared for videos, and even make a few videos before starting it to ensure you can stay consistent. If you do restart, you must ensure you correct all the mistakes you previously made.

Reactions: Marko Darko

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
dude what you have is really normal. don't worry. what you need to do is not just promoting yourself. but also have some more interction with your fans. so they wil stay and keep loving you. also get use to it about the death subs. but if you do it well: then the most subs wil be active ;)

Marko Darko

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Thanks for the advice. I was planning on creating a few pilot episodes for consistent series just to get a feel for what works and what doesn't in my schedule. One of the reasons my subs are dead is probably because of my inconsistency. Some subs may have subbed ages ago for content I no longer make and never unsubbed.
A big thing I'm going to change about this channel is its going to be more commentary on my videos and stream alongside my youtube stuff so if I can keep active then I'm hoping their will be a chunk of viewers that watch what I make for me rather than the games.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
Thanks for the advice. I was planning on creating a few pilot episodes for consistent series just to get a feel for what works and what doesn't in my schedule. One of the reasons my subs are dead is probably because of my inconsistency. Some subs may have subbed ages ago for content I no longer make and never unsubbed.
A big thing I'm going to change about this channel is its going to be more commentary on my videos and stream alongside my youtube stuff so if I can keep active then I'm hoping their will be a chunk of viewers that watch what I make for me rather than the games.

okay good. just give your people a good time ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Chances are that when you make a new channel the same problem will happen again.
Every channel ends up with a certain percentage being dead subscribers. This mostly happens due to people being not interested anymore, you changed content or they just don't care to watch your content.

When i look at my own channel only 10% is active with a certain series, some of my content is more populair then others. I would advise to keep your current channel even with the amount of dead subs.

Reactions: Marko Darko