Is Minecraft a Good Game to Record?

Invert YT

Rising User
Oct 12, 2015
YouTube
I think it is a great game to record but many of my friends say nobody watches minecraft on youtube anymore what is your opinion?

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
People most certainly do still watch minecraft on youtube, the issue is that minecraft videos are over saturated. Meaning your videos are more likely never to be seen simply because it's going into a never ending pile.

Now obviously there are ways around that. Playing on a public server can get you views from those who also play on the same server if you mention you are a youtuber. Another way around it would be to make redstone tutorials pretty often. However, you have to make something unique or it will just back fire on you for copying others.

Minecraft, is popular, but it's popularity is what makes it so hard to actually use to grow on youtube.

With that said, I still make videos on minecraft regardless simply because I enjoy playing it.

Reactions: Invert YT

Matt B (M4ttb11)

Rising User
Jan 15, 2015
YouTube
If you want to grow, a better option would be recording game you don't usually see much of on YouTube. But, beware of copyright issues when recording rare games.

Always check the owner's website for a message saying you're allowed to record it, or just email the owner asking them for permission.

If you just want to play Minecraft, thats fine but keep in mind it isn't very small-youtuber-friendly growth-wise.

Hope this helped :)

Invert YT

Rising User
Oct 12, 2015
YouTube
If you want to grow, a better option would be recording game you don't usually see much of on YouTube. But, beware of copyright issues when recording rare games.

Always check the owner's website for a message saying you're allowed to record it, or just email the owner asking them for permission.

If you just want to play Minecraft, thats fine but keep in mind it isn't very small-youtuber-friendly growth-wise.

Hope this helped :)
It did thank you! :D

Reactions: Matt B (M4ttb11)

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
fast growth minecraft is a no but if you are willing to work for it and enjoy the game then why shouldnt you. I have started my channel on minecraft aswell and yes it was verry hard to grow, once I passed a certain point It started to really come and dont be afraid to record games or other things besides minecraft.

Invert YT

Rising User
Oct 12, 2015
YouTube
fast growth minecraft is a no but if you are willing to work for it and enjoy the game then why shouldnt you. I have started my channel on minecraft aswell and yes it was verry hard to grow, once I passed a certain point It started to really come and dont be afraid to record games or other things besides minecraft.
thank you im trying to expand the games i play[DOUBLEPOST=1444815474][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very simply answer:
Do you like the game? Do you like to record it?

If both answers are yes then its definatly a good game to record for you!
Picking games on growing as fast as possible will not work all that well unless you really like them.
Thank you!

Invert YT

Rising User
Oct 12, 2015
YouTube
I always say play what makes you happy, if you're happy your audience will be happy. If in your case it's MC play it! :) Doesn't matter what others do with it, it matters what you do with it! :)
Thank you so much!![DOUBLEPOST=1444865176][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah as long you're enjoy doing what you're doing! It might get hard to get any views if you don't bring something new to the table! :/
Thank you!!

Crimsonient

Rising User
Oct 17, 2015
YouTube
I wouldn't say Minecraft is the best game to play, there are a ton of people who play it, but if you enjoy it then go for it! I think it's possible to set yourself apart with Minecraft, it just might be harder.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Very simply answer:
Do you like the game? Do you like to record it?

If both answers are yes then its definatly a good game to record for you!
Picking games on growing as fast as possible will not work all that well unless you really like them.
This comment says it all ^

Stick to games you like to play. Every video will turn out unique by itself because everyone has a own play style ;)

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Minecraft is a good game, but you need to post unique content

http://imgur.com/x7jKGhG

if you made a hunger games video, it would literally be one out of a million, so make unique things. In the minecraft community, I would recommend some not as popular mods and original redstone creations. I mean, if you're the only one who posted it, who else to watch but you, right?

Also, try and make sure those videos you make are funny/interesting. If you have a passion, this should be fairly easy as you don't want to force yourself to make videos just because minecraft has a large community. Make sure they take hold of the viewer (A good tip is adding in the best highlight of the video before your intro), as you want people to actually watch them.

As for recording, be sure to put effort in. Would you rather have a viewer that laughs once, mabye leaves a like, then goes on to the next suggested video, or someone who subscribes and looks at your other videos?

I hope this is considered good advice as i am a small youtuber myself :p

Last edited:

SuperRetroBro

Respected User
Aug 12, 2014
Somewhere
YouTube
It WAS the best game to record before. Now since most channels are making Minecraft Let's Plays is pretty hard to get an audience off of Minecraft. There's is that story mode from TTG, But like most people are saying on here is just play games that you love to play. I wanna record Splatoon to show people how stress I can get from losing. #STUPIDASSROLLERIHATEYOUSOMUCH!