Is it worth having a facecam?

Qwerts

Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2014
YouTube
Hey guys, I am just wondering some of your opinions on whether it's worth having a facecam for your gaming videos. I have just tried it out and it works quite nicely. Just wondering whether you think it can really engage your audience onto another level?

Reactions: Lauren Smith

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Its definitely not necessary. People who do it for every gaming video I find annoying but its worth having for videos that would do well with a facecam. Like a horror lets play or something.

CMTXRATED

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys, I am just wondering some of your opinions on whether it's worth having a facecam for your gaming videos. I have just tried it out and it works quite nicely. Just wondering whether you think it can really engage your audience onto another level?
Yes! I don't have one but this shows emotion the audience if your silent they can see your expression and tell what exactly your doing!

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
It's not necessary.

I think it depends on how comfortable you are in front of a camera. If you're not, I'd avoid doing it or do it in a few videos.
If you want to have webcams in your videos, then practice getting comfortable before actually doing a recording in front of a camera.

like what @CMTXRATED said, it helps if there's some silence in your videos or even that @GLP Matty said with horror games.

Reactions: GLP Matty

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
For me it depends!

If i'm only playing a game that is not really gonna effect my face expression then it's not really worth having it.

However if I would play a scary game like amnesia that will give me lot's of jumpscares then it would be really fun for the viewer to see your reaction! :)

I hope this helped! /Brent

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is often said that the biggest factor in a gaming channel's success is the personality behind the game.
A facecam [usually] adds to the viewers perception of your personality.

Reactions: Qwerts

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
Yes it really does make a difference, if people can see what you look like then they will feel more engaged and I guess it just looks a lot more professional :)

Qwerts

Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2014
YouTube
Thanks everyone for their answers! I've just finished recording my second HoTS video with a facecam, first one getting released tommorow. Something I've always wanted to do and i'm having a blast while doing it :D

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Think it depends on game and person mainly. : )

I use facecam 95% of the time, since people told that they like my expressions and reaction to things, so I keep it up with that. But some people might do better without it, or feel unease to use it. Mainly depends on you. c: