Is it okay to not do gaming videos for a while

Everythinggaming

Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
I'm asking because I am trying to be a gaming channel, but recently I have been having to do technology videos because I do not have a capture card and I don't want the videos to suck

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I'm asking because I am trying to be a gaming channel, but recently I have been having to do technology videos because I do not have a capture card and I don't want the videos to suck
Honestly, do whatever you want man, it's your channel. At your size you still have lots of options and time to change and evolve as a channel.

Everythinggaming

Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
Honestly, do whatever you want man, it's your channel. At your size you still have lots of options and time to change and evolve as a channel.
Thanks, I know I shouldn't be self-advertising, but since you have a pretty popular channel can you please rate mine[DOUBLEPOST=1450400003][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could but then i would change your youtube channel name to something mkre neutral if you're making a variety of content instead of Gaming only
Well it is now TheIGameGuy, incorporating the I but also, it is a unique name that I could get on ANY social media I want

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Thanks, I know I shouldn't be self-advertising, but since you have a pretty popular channel can you please rate mine[DOUBLEPOST=1450400003][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well it is now TheIGameGuy, incorporating the I but also, it is a unique name that I could get on ANY social media I want
What do you mean by "rate"?

Rebel Rooster

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 10, 2015
United States
YouTube
Just depends bro! If you're trying to make a living, you would need to post one or the other on a consistent basis. But for fun, do whatever makes you happy! I know a lot of YouTubers who also do skits or whatever on their channel as well! Just make sure you have a variety of both or hey, just do a channel for each if you'd like!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
You can just leave it here
Your channel is pretty new, and in its early stages of development, so I'll gloss over things like content continuity and branding.

Where you can improve though, is your commentary and rhetoric. By this, I mean the rate and cadence at which you speak. You sound young, so this will certainly improve with time, but really try to work on saying this confidently and clearly. The more confident you sound, the more people will take you seriously as a content creator. What helped me do this was scripting some of my shorter tutorial videos, so I knew exactly what to say. I would practice the lines a few times too. Something like this would benefit your last video (about the watch) especially.

You could certainly use a better mic, but they can be pricey I suppose.

Each video needs more of an introduction to capture the viewer and preview what's to come. Something like "Hello guys, today we're going to be exploring this 12 dollar watch that I bought from ____. I'll tell you the pros and cons and give you my personal recommendation at the end of the video."

Find what makes your channel unique, and don't settle for being a ****** let's player like so many other Freedom partners.

Everythinggaming

Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
Your channel is pretty new, and in its early stages of development, so I'll gloss over things like content continuity and branding.

Where you can improve though, is your commentary and rhetoric. By this, I mean the rate and cadence at which you speak. You sound young, so this will certainly improve with time, but really try to work on saying this confidently and clearly. The more confident you sound, the more people will take you seriously as a content creator. What helped me do this was scripting some of my shorter tutorial videos, so I knew exactly what to say. I would practice the lines a few times too. Something like this would benefit your last video (about the watch) especially.

You could certainly use a better mic, but they can be pricey I suppose.

Each video needs more of an introduction to capture the viewer and preview what's to come. Something like "Hello guys, today we're going to be exploring this 12 dollar watch that I bought from ____. I'll tell you the pros and cons and give you my personal recommendation at the end of the video."

Find what makes your channel unique, and don't settle for being a ****** let's player like so many other Freedom partners.
Thanks. My final plan was to even for games just make a couple videos to review or for special events, not lets play. As for the watch video, the reason I stuttered so much was because I had to rush and only had 30 minutes to record, and publish[DOUBLEPOST=1450469379][/DOUBLEPOST]Also one more thing, I'm NOT asking you to sub but if you had to choose if you would or would not. Would you sub?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Thanks. My final plan was to even for games just make a couple videos to review or for special events, not lets play. As for the watch video, the reason I stuttered so much was because I had to rush and only had 30 minutes to record, and publish[DOUBLEPOST=1450469379][/DOUBLEPOST]Also one more thing, I'm NOT asking you to sub but if you had to choose if you would or would not. Would you sub?
Sorry, but no I wouldn't sub. Don't rush yourself, make sure it's quality.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
That was my only video that I had to rush. My others were my full extent at attempting to make a good video, check them out if you have the time
I did watch them all :/

Don't be disheartened, I had some questionable content early on as well. Just keep practising and creating.

Mr Cotton

Nov 23, 2015
YouTube
You could always create a separate channel and use your main channel as reference. Kinda like "Game Theory" and "Film Theory"

Everythinggaming

Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
You could always create a separate channel and use your main channel as reference. Kinda like "Game Theory" and "Film Theory"[/quote
Problem is I don't have enough subs to promote two channels, game theory had enough subs to tell people to sub to his second channel

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Yeah but I have recently been losing subs and barely gainibg
Oh boo hoo you lost a few subs? I lose hundreds but gain them slightly faster. Two steps forward one step back. Stop whining.

Reality check: you have barely any videos uploaded. People are rarely going to subscribe to someone with such little content. Build channel first before you start to panic.

Aidan Hodge

Jul 4, 2014
aye mate, just post videos when you can. Even if its just tech stuff for the moment, or find a gaming medium which you can post on. Being in college I go through the occassional video haitus. I don't lose subscribers, but i do lose viewer retention which is what you should be more concerned about. A subscriber that doesn't watch your stuff is basically a dead number. You just need to keep your current subscribers watching your stuff. Since you are small you can get away with just tech videos for the moment anyway, so you can build that base then move into gaming when you are ready then post ocassional tech videos to keep your smaller, but original audience satisfied. Also, you may find, like in my instance tech videos actually earn you more money than lets play video. It may just be because I'm fixing a motorcycle though.