Is having an accent in a gaming video disturbing?

Malousak

Freedom! Member
Sep 27, 2014
YouTube
Malousak
Let me be honest, I love playing games and making videos. The problem is that I have an (unknown) accent when I speak English. By unknown accent, I meant accent not like the ones used in the US, Australia, UK etc... I am trying, believe me, I do my best, and I have improved a lot lately. But...... I don't know if people are turned off by hearing an accent during gameplays. Tell me what you think, honestly. :)

Fluctuate

Rising User
Jun 11, 2016
YouTube
just watching a little bit of the Gw2 video your accent seems fine, and to be honest if people don't like your accent its more than likely people who you wouldn't want to be a view in the first place. Be yourself and have fun with it that's more important than people who don't like you because of your voice or personality.

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Honestly speaking having an accent isnt all that bad,Take Jackspeticeye for instance...He is irish and has an irish accent yet he is doing amazingly well(He is approaching 11million subs if you dont know how he is XD)..plus if you think about it everyone HAS an accent whether he is from US,india,canada or anywhere else XD...so there is no way to have a voice without an accent
Everyone has their own taste(or in this case fav accent)...some people might love your accent while others might not like it as much.Bottom line is whether you like what you are doing or not...having an "Accent" shouldnt really bring you down :)
Also i checked out one of your videos and your accent isnt bad at all

Nostalgic Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
YouTube
No, actually having an accent for some reason helps with the popularity of your videos. The idea that the person on the other side of the monitor is foreign or have a foreign personality seems to boost video's views. I love to watch people on YouTube that have accents because having an accent seems to have a suave and funny presence on YouTube.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Let me be honest, I love playing games and making videos. The problem is that I have an (unknown) accent when I speak English. By unknown accent, I meant accent not like the ones used in the US, Australia, UK etc... I am trying, believe me, I do my best, and I have improved a lot lately. But...... I don't know if people are turned off by hearing an accent during gameplays. Tell me what you think, honestly. :)

Accent dont really botherd me becuse I have a southern accent or UK Accent it can go both ways but Accent does shows a better increased then normal/common accent we hear every day. So don't let you accent bring you down :)

P.S. Watch one of mine videos to hear mine accent and I do have speech problem so yea.. but I have 224 subs and some do ask what accent I have but never get in bad/mean way.

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
no for so long it's understandble. somethimes it's hard to understand the one who's talking but most of the time you come out ;)

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
it depends what sort of accent. If you are being loud and obnoxious then obviously its going to get annoying but as long as you are being civilised accents dont really matter tbh.