YouTube Is Adding Commentary to Gaming Videos Essential?

Nintendo Guy

Rising User
Apr 16, 2017
YouTube
Hi Guys

For my channel I play old nintendo games. Most of the videos I view have no commentary (About 95%) Do you think having commentary on videos helps with subs?

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
Hi Guys

For my channel I play old nintendo games. Most of the videos I view have no commentary (About 95%) Do you think having commentary on videos helps with subs?

I don't know if its necessary for subs, but its more entertaining when you make commentary over a video. Plus you're interacting with your audience as well.
I just think overall that its better to have commentary unless it's just a montage. But if its a gameplay/walkthrough video, i think adding commentary will be better

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Personally I feel that commentary on videos, if done correctly can only help to improve the content. Though you shouldn't be looking at this in terms of commentary = subs. You should be doing this for your enjoyment, don't forget that you are ultimately responsible for the content you create and have to make sure it complies to terms of service. If you just doing walkthroughs and including all the cutscenes etc then it is more likely you might get a strike / claim over the same content that has commentary , as it is a little easier to claim it falls under 'Fair Use' then.

Y

YourSimpleGamer

adding commentary to the gameplay is optional, but recommended, though on my research I seen a few videos with no commentary and have millions of views.