Ireland is SOO behind in everything!

NotRyanDaLion

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 14, 2015
Co. Cork, IE
YouTube
Hey Freedom! family,

I have decided to take a rant of Ireland from my mind and post it onto here, and see if any other people suffer from the same problems.

I live in the countryside of Ireland, about a 5 minute drive to a small village named Buttevant (search it up) and everything technology-wise is behind.

First off is the internet; the max speeds that you can get here are 7Mbps and in the village 8Mbps. There is a town about 10 minutes from us and they can get 250Mbps fiber broadband. Browsing the web is slow, uploading videos takes an hour just for a 120MB file. The phone lines haven't been replaced since 1987, shows how caring Ireland are for their technology partners!

Ireland have only just recently released the water meter and the postcode. I am guessing many countries have had this for, what, maybe 10-15 years? And they have managed to screw up on them too. Currently, our house shows that we live in a field about 5 miles away from where we actually are, and our water meter was installed on a non-functioning pipe. Yep, we actually went to them and said "That isn't out water pipe" and they said back "We'll install it anyway, and make a note of it". At least we'll be getting free water :D

Anyone else feeling behind with Ireland?

EDIT: Here is a picture of my speedtest that I just did: