Gaming Introduction.

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
Well, I did a little vanishing act there for awhile, but that was mainly due to an issue with my computer. I wasn't able to record anything, and I actually lost the information for the site after I had it restored. (Obviously I found the stuff...)

But, due to a few months having passed since I've actually been on here, I figured a new introduction was in store. To remind the people who originally replied in the old thread, that I'm still here, and to say "Hello!" to anyone else who's joined during my hiatus. I'm back in full swing uploading now, and am starting it off, with a series on the game Rimworld. (Uploading now, will post a video link when the first episode is up.) plan on uploading at least one, hopefully two, episodes every day, so expect daily content.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Well, I did a little vanishing act there for awhile, but that was mainly due to an issue with my computer. I wasn't able to record anything, and I actually lost the information for the site after I had it restored. (Obviously I found the stuff...)

But, due to a few months having passed since I've actually been on here, I figured a new introduction was in store. To remind the people who originally replied in the old thread, that I'm still here, and to say "Hello!" to anyone else who's joined during my hiatus. I'm back in full swing uploading now, and am starting it off, with a series on the game Rimworld. (Uploading now, will post a video link when the first episode is up.) plan on uploading at least one, hopefully two, episodes every day, so expect daily content.

Welcome to the family and I grad found you videos and how you found freedom and what you goals are for youtube and freedom?

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
Welcome to the family and I grad found you videos and how you found freedom and what you goals are for youtube and freedom?

How I found Freedom is actually rather boring... at least I think it is. When I first started uploading videos, I noticed someone had re-tweeted, or liked or something I don't remember, one of my tweets. It was one of the Freedom Network's Twitter accounts. After that, I got curious, and so I joined. It's that simple.

As for my goals, at the moment I really don't have any beyond entertaining as many people as I can with a consistent stream of new content.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
How I found Freedom is actually rather boring... at least I think it is. When I first started uploading videos, I noticed someone had re-tweeted, or liked or something I don't remember, one of my tweets. It was one of the Freedom Network's Twitter accounts. After that, I got curious, and so I joined. It's that simple.

As for my goals, at the moment I really don't have any beyond entertaining as many people as I can with a consistent stream of new content.

Thanks for replying back and Enjoy you stay at Freedom!!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube

A lot of people take breaks on here, it's no sweat Seigg ^^ My computer is a bit lame myself, but I'm happy that it's functional. What were you recording in the past? I was gone for a year, but I hope to see you more on here though :p

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I was recording two serieses at the time. One of Crusader Kings 2, and one of Dwarf Fortress.
How was Crusader Kings 2? Did many people watch your videos in general? I feel like I wanted to make more videos from games that are older, but I never have the attention span to play with them that much anymore, hah :p

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
How was Crusader Kings 2? Did many people watch your videos in general? I feel like I wanted to make more videos from games that are older, but I never have the attention span to play with them that much anymore, hah :p

Crusader Kings 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a good game that's still regularly getting updated, granted with DLC but it's still being updated. Not a lot of people watched my 3 series I did on it, but then again... I also don't have a lot of subs, so that's expected.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Crusader Kings 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a good game that's still regularly getting updated, granted with DLC but it's still being updated. Not a lot of people watched my 3 series I did on it, but then again... I also don't have a lot of subs, so that's expected.
That's nice that you found a game that calls out to you ^^ DLC is great to have, are they free, or do they cost additional money to play? I understand not having enough subs at the time. What are you going to focus on for the future, are you going to do more variety with your gaming style?

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
That's nice that you found a game that calls out to you ^^ DLC is great to have, are they free, or do they cost additional money to play? I understand not having enough subs at the time. What are you going to focus on for the future, are you going to do more variety with your gaming style?

It cost additional money, but they do a lot of deals, especially when new DLCs are released, so it's rather easy to get the game, and all DLCs for around 50 - 75% off. (Just as a heads up, CK2 and all it's DLC is around $260 full priced.) I'm probably going to focus on strategy games, and games like Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld. Really, any game that requires the player to actually sit down and think about what they'll do next is on the list for games I'll be playing.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It cost additional money, but they do a lot of deals, especially when new DLCs are released, so it's rather easy to get the game, and all DLCs for around 50 - 75% off. (Just as a heads up, CK2 and all it's DLC is around $260 full priced.) I'm probably going to focus on strategy games, and games like Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld. Really, any game that requires the player to actually sit down and think about what they'll do next is on the list for games I'll be playing.
I see, when it goes on sale, you can make a lot of content that way. It's good to have a thriving community as well, have you considered making more specialized content for the game? Tutorials would rock with that game in general ^^ I'm not that fantastic at thinking through my moves, heh.

SeiggHart

Rising User
Aug 27, 2015
YouTube
I see, when it goes on sale, you can make a lot of content that way. It's good to have a thriving community as well, have you considered making more specialized content for the game? Tutorials would rock with that game in general ^^ I'm not that fantastic at thinking through my moves, heh.

I thought about it for a bit, but two things made me decide not to. One, there's a tutorial in game. And two, a few of the larger YouTubers have already made 'tutorial' series on the game already.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I thought about it for a bit, but two things made me decide not to. One, there's a tutorial in game. And two, a few of the larger YouTubers have already made 'tutorial' series on the game already.
Ah, well I hope you still manage to find a way to stand out! It takes time to figure out what hasn't been overly done for youtube in general. It's a huge competition out here lately, heh.