YouTube Interesting YouTube Insights For Better Results

When I first created my YouTube channel back on November 3rd, 2011, the channel just sat there for the longest time with nothing on it. I didn't know what to put on it. Then, about five years later, I wanted to obtain my commercial drivers license or CDL, so I could get a certain job. At that point, I had to start studying for the CDL exam. I thought it would be cool to share my studies with people, so I made some YouTube study videos. About ten months later, I'm close to 1,000 subscribers, so I decide to monetize and am astounded by the results. What I learned is if you provide value to people who want it, then they're going to take the time to receive that value. That is a formula that you can capitalize on because while they watch your content, they may also watch the ads on your content. A friend of mine calls it real estate. Essentially, it's like having a billboard placed on your real estate and receiving rent payments, as it were. So how do you make your real estate more valuable? I think the answer to that question is by making your videos provide more value to your viewers and ultimately to your subscribers, and better yet, to your subscribers who elect to receive email notifications of your newly posted videos, as you produce them. The name of the game is ever-improving, better results.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I'm guessing the type of content you create is quite unique, if someone wants to find information your videos will be the first to come up. Being the first in the area to create content I think is one of the best ways to grow, at the moment there are a lot people that watch their favorite channel and try to create their own version of it.

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
I'm guessing the type of content you create is quite unique, if someone wants to find information your videos will be the first to come up. Being the first in the area to create content I think is one of the best ways to grow, at the moment there are a lot people that watch their favorite channel and try to create their own version of it.

Now that I think of it, my channel is exactly the way you said in the last sentence. I do Let's Plays similar to me favorite YouTuber, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I know it's not the best formula for growth but I enjoy it!

Thanks, Koala Steamed. That's a great insight. It's like being the first one to cross the finish line. The first one wins. No doubt there's a great need for they type of content that I produce. True, it has a narrow and specific function. It's designed to help people. When I decided to study for the written portion of the CDL exam, I searched and searched YouTube for what I needed, but it didn't exist. Now it does. I can't tell you how many people credit me for helping them obtain their CDL. It feels great to help people.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Now that I think of it, my channel is exactly the way you said in the last sentence. I do Let's Plays similar to me favorite YouTuber, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I know it's not the best formula for growth but I enjoy it!

Also nothing wrong with that :) If you are doing YouTube because you enjoy it rather than trying to get as many views as possible doesn't mean that you are a bad YouTuber :D