Inspiration

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
Hello Freedom Family! Skyler here and I would like to voice my opinion on something that I are a lot of. Inspiration....whether by something you have seen or heard, but I want to break it down and focus on Youtube. I know 99% of you take inspiration from big youtubers and create your own way, a lot of my inspiration is Jacksepticeye, what I am seeing more of is people other content creators who want to imitate youtubers exactly down to what they upload. Let's take Vanoss and his friends, skits funny moments etc. Great if you want to become friends and do just that create funny videos! They are very entertaining. But what may work for them may not work for you, it is a lot harder to try and get funny moments that don't happen naturally, again this is about inspiration, be inspired by these guys do your own thing. Find the differences within your group and work them in. Don't imitate, be your own person. Too many people use other mannerisms of big youtubers to try and be funny. create your own! I love seeing the inspiration and hard work that everyone puts into content! Let me inspire you TO BE YOU!
Thank you for your time!

Skyler

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Although I totally agree!
I do need to voice something here.... What is unique and why does everybody need to be? Maybe it's just me but I feel like everybody is always pushed to excel and be different or stand out. Is it maybe not that bad just be normal and be yourself without sticking out!?

I ask myself this quite often because I feel the less I try to be different or unique the more content I'm getting. And I feel like youtubers who adapt to mannerism's could feel the same. Fitting in can be a very good thing, it can make you feel like a part of a community with for example it's own lingo... it's not about being yourself at that point but being accepted and feeling like you belong and I think in the long run your personality will always shine trough!?.

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
Although I totally agree!
I do need to voice something here.... What is unique and why does everybody need to be? Maybe it's just me but I feel like everybody is always pushed to excel and be different or stand out. Is it maybe not that bad just be normal and be yourself without sticking out!?

I ask myself this quite often because I feel the less I try to be different or unique the more content I'm getting. And I feel like youtubers who adapt to mannerism's could feel the same. Fitting in can be a very good thing, it can make you feel like a part of a community with for example it's own lingo... it's not about being yourself at that point but being accepted and feeling like you belong and I think in the long run your personality will always shine trough!?.
Very good points, and I may have missed mine in my long rambling, long story short user my name for example "I don't like this Skyler guy, he and his friends act just like Vanoss Gaming" instead I want to see people go to the creators who inspire and have them spread around, "If you like Vannos, this guy Skyler and his friends are a similar style." Hard to really explain.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well i don't take inspiration from other youtubers...

I just enjoy gaming and love to share my moments during a live stream and start a conversation with those who watch my content. Nowadays everyone wants to be the next big thing. I am just me, and i am a simple gamer just like everyone sharing his gameplay and who is open for a discussion about the game :p

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
Well i don't take inspiration from other youtubers...

I just enjoy gaming and love to share my moments during a live stream and start a conversation with those who watch my content. Nowadays everyone wants to be the next big thing. I am just me, and i am a simple gamer just like everyone sharing his gameplay and who is open for a discussion about the game :p
I understand I won't lie I take insofar on styles of editing, and how I am which is me anyway, but I make it my own not an exact copy like what some small channels do

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I understand I won't lie I take insofar on styles of editing, and how I am which is me anyway, but I make it my own not an exact copy like what some small channels do
It is good to have an idol but what many small channels (Mostly the kids) do is try to copy channels like pewdiepie and such...

Sure i like to watch to Markiplier but to say he is my Youtube Idol? May sound strange but no, i don't have a youtube idol. But reason for that may be due to that i am not trying to be the next big thing and probably never will be. I am but a simple gamer and i do youtube for fun. I have got to know alot of great people in the now 3 years i'm on youtube wich is more to me then all the other things youtube has to offer. The people who laugh with me, join me for a co-op video and such, those awesome youtubers and people are my idols.

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
It is good to have an idol but what many small channels (Mostly the kids) do is try to copy channels like pewdiepie and such...

Sure i like to watch to Markiplier but to say he is my Youtube Idol? May sound strange but no, i don't have a youtube idol. But reason for that may be due to that i am not trying to be the next big thing and probably never will be. I am but a simple gamer and i do youtube for fun. I have got to know alot of great people in the now 3 years i'm on youtube wich is more to me then all the other things youtube has to offer. The people who laugh with me, join me for a co-op video and such, those awesome youtubers and people are my idols.
I wish more people would approach it like you do, I feel the same if I do make it big great but I have fun with it which does pay off more in the end

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I never use any youtuber as inspiration. nut my own life. just thinking about random stuff and something comes in mind. and for games? just look around steam and I find something awesome or I ask to my fans what they wanna see. and that works for me