Status
Not open for further replies.

AreebSK

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 16, 2016
YouTube
Hello guys! I run a youtube channel with the name "Chaos Gaming" and have joined Freedom about a month or 3 weeks ago.

The thing is, I usually have my CPM around $4-$6. That's an okay CPM as far as I know, but the thing is:
I am getting about 20-40 views on my videos. I should be at least getting $0.02-$0.04 for those aren't I?
But it seems like I am not getting all of my money. I have a total of about 300 views on my channel. I should have about $0.30 by now, but in my estimated earnings, it says I have $0.25 only.

I know it is pretty close, but yesterday the earnings on youtube analytics updated again and the earnings increased from 0.24 to 0.25. What's going on?

BTW, with that CPM, I should be getting way more than that shouldn't I?

Someone help me!

Thanks a lot!

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Remember CPM means Cost per mille, or thousand monetised views.
From what I am reading, CPM does not directly confirm how much money you will earn, it is the amount of money it costs advertisers to put the ads on your videos.

Do remember that not all views are monetized.

Please refer to this video:

Whatever YouTube says is "estimated earnings" - so they are not confirmed.
The end result that Freedom! would pay you is the finalised earnings, so whatever is said there is correct.

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
In addition, just to build upon what @Crazylawrence has said above CPM is subject to change based on a range of different factors such as - the type of content you produce, audience demographics, audience residency (some countries don’t have a partnership program, so they may not be eligible for ads), tastes/interests, and many more. CPM also fluctuates a lot. During the Holiday season, when advertisers have their largest budget, your CPM will skyrocket and then drop during the Spring season when their budgets are at their lowest.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.