Solved IMP. About the new YPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKent11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
"At this point, you've probably already heard of the changes to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). And in case you haven't, here are the main points:

Under the new eligibility requirements announced today, the new threshold to be in YPP and have access to all monetization tools and features is 4,000 hours of watchtime within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers.

My questions:

1- If I got unlinked from Freedom network and joined it back after 2 months, what will I lose? Analytics
will be removed and rest? and what about the Revenue share (%) if I joined back the network?

2- How to check the 4,000 hours from youtube panel?

3- Why youtube decided to make such a rule! what's the point?

Thanks for your time.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
1- If I got unlinked from Freedom network and joined it back after 2 months, what will I lose? Analytics
will be removed and rest? and what about the Revenue share (%) if I joined back the network?
  • You will lose any earnings from the day you got unlinked to the day you join back, earnings from before the unlink will still be paid out regularly.
  • The Freedom! Dashboard earnings information will stay the same however parts of your YouTube Dashboard's analytics might reset.
  • If you have an increased Revenue Share it will stay if it doesn't expire. See https://www.freedom.tm/dashboard/revenue for its status. Also if you join back you might just be able to ask Support for it back if your channel is still at the same size.
  • If you don't have an increased Share you'll just get back to 60% again.
2- How to check the 4,000 hours from youtube panel?
Currently you can view it in the Watch Time section of your YouTube Analytics like this: (You can use Google to convert it to hours)
upload_2018-2-2_18-50-32.png

Later the Monetization page in the YouTube Dashboard will be updated to show your progress.
3- Why youtube decided to make such a rule! what's the point?
Because they need to restrict advertisements more in order to keep their advertisers around.

Upvote 0

DaKent11

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Well explained, everything is now clear. Thanks for your reply. Deserved your position as Forum nerd

Last thing I want to know, did someone make a plan or anything to rescue the partners who don't meet those requirements?
I have only 71 subs and 600 hours watchtime. Any plans? I'm gonna be unlinked because I only present a weak content for an official game...That's not fair.
@LW001

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Last thing I want to know, did someone make a plan or anything to rescue the partners who don't meet those requirements?
I have only 71 subs and 600 hours watchtime. Any plans? I'm gonna be unlinked because I only present a weak content for an official game...That's not fair.
Well you can use the Collaboration and Promotion Forums Sections, for people that are really close to hitting it there's this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.