Request I'm not growing and I don't know why... (Channel Review)

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube for a year now (since March 25, 2015) but growth has been TERRIBLE. I currently only have 31 subscribers but then I see channels that started in October that are already in the hundreds :(

So I ask for whoever reads this: please give me constructive criticism on my channel because at this point I have absolutely no clue on what to do.

I ask if you can please check out my branding, channel pictures, organization, and intros. Please look at some of my videos and try and pick out problems I can fix check out these seven video (because I make different styles of videos):

AND I REPEAT I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM but whoever decides to help me with this God Bless you and thank you for your time :)

GTA Online:
Sonic Adventure 2:
Black Ops 3:
Batman:
Dragon Ball:
Vlogs:
Challenges:

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube for a year now (since March 25, 2015) but growth has been TERRIBLE. I currently only have 31 subscribers but then I see channels that started in October that are already in the hundreds :(

So I ask for whoever reads this: please give me constructive criticism on my channel because at this point I have absolutely no clue on what to do.

I ask if you can please check out my branding, channel pictures, organization, and intros. Please look at some of my videos and try and pick out problems I can fix check out these seven video (because I make different styles of videos):

AND I REPEAT I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM but whoever decides to help me with this God Bless you and thank you for your time :)

GTA Online:
Sonic Adventure 2:
Black Ops 3:
Batman:
Dragon Ball:
Vlogs:
Challenges:
Your introduction is a tad long, 5-6 seconds is optimal, and paying for a professional intro would be great ^^ Your titles/thumbnails say the word "B*tch" a decent chunk. It might put people off. When you make thumbnails, having text with borders on them, pop a lot more.

Reactions: Cajun Tinker Belle

Cajun Tinker Belle

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 8, 2016
YouTube
1. A better channel trailer would do great, make a quick video stating what your channel is all about and what the viewers have to look forward to if they subscribe.
2. The fact that you (under the age of 18) spit out at least 4-5 cuss words as soon as you start talking in your channel trailer can be a bit off putting to a lot of viewers (it was a bit shocking to me and I love to cuss plus I am kinda old lol).
3. The description in your about page could also let people know what you and your channel is all about (this is the page most companies look at when they are interested in doing business with you).
4. It's great that you are tagging your videos but making the tags shorter and not so exact would most likely help.
5. A shorter and not so loud of an intro would be nice (in my opinion).
6. You do a good amount of screaming/yelling in a lot of your videos lol. Not to say that it is a bad thing but when editing those areas of the video make the volume lower :0)
7. Work on your thumbnails.
8. Stop worrying about what and where other YouTubers are at. You will get there in due time. It doesn't happen over night.
9. Have you thought about live streaming your game play? That would get more people to view your channel. (me being a BO3 gamer I am always looking for live stream game play) The comments in your live streams add $$$$$ to your revenue as well.
10. Your channel banner could have your other social media stuff on it.
11. Shorter game play videos may catch more viewing attention (like just keep the best moments of that days game play and make that your video, say a video less than 10 min)

Best of luck to you my friend, keep your chin up.
Greatness will happen as long as you continue to work hard at what you enjoy doing...

Last edited:

A.Barry

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2015
YouTube
1. A better channel trailer would do great, make a quick video stating what your channel is all about and what the viewers have to look forward to if they subscribe.
2. The fact that you (under the age of 18) spit out at least 4-5 cuss words as soon as you start talking in your channel trailer can be a bit off putting to a lot of viewers (it was a bit shocking to me and I love to cuss plus I am kinda old lol).
3. The description in your about page could also let people know what you and your channel is all about (this is the page most companies look at when they are interested in doing business with you).
4. It's great that you are tagging your videos but making the tags shorter and not so exact would most likely help.
5. A shorter and not so loud of an intro would be nice (in my opinion).
6. You do a good amount of screaming/yelling in a lot of your videos lol. Not to say that it is a bad thing but when editing those areas of the video make the volume lower :0)
7. Work on your thumbnails.
8. Stop worrying about what and where other YouTubers are at. You will get there in due time. It doesn't happen over night.
9. Have you thought about live streaming your game play? That would get more people to view your channel. (me being a BO3 gamer I am always looking for live stream game play) The comments in your live streams add $$$$$ to your revenue as well.
10. Your channel banner could have your other social media stuff on it.
11. Shorter game play videos may catch more viewing attention (like just keep the best moments of that days game play and make that your video, say a video less than 10 min)

Best of luck to you my friend, keep your chin up.
Greatness will happen as long as you continue to work hard at what you enjoy doing...
Thanks, I'll take this advice into account :)