Im losing motivation :(

TheBallisticBadger

Freedom! Member
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys it's TheBallisticBadger coming at you with another post :)
Sadly I have been losing motivation. I am getting like 6-12 views a video and I was getting like 60 views a video and also I have been getting a lot of dislikes for no reason because I make the same content but now it is getting dislikes plus I just lost a subscriber and that hurt because every sub I get means a lot whether I have 5 subs or 500 subs and I am getting less motivated to make videos everyday and sometimes I have to act happy in my videos and I don't even like for other people to do that. I don't know what to do guys. I need you help, motivation, advice, anything! I really want to make good quality videos but it is hard when I have no motivation.

G

Gods of Odds

With YouTube your views will go up and down, everyone has good time and bad times sometimes it can last for months but if you keep at it then it will always come back up, you just have to stay dedicated.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Sadly I have been losing motivation. I am getting like 6-12 views a video and I was getting like 60 views a video and also I have been getting a lot of dislikes for no reason because I make the same content but now it is getting dislikes plus I just lost a subscriber and that hurt because every sub I get means a lot whether I have 5 subs or 500 subs and I am getting less motivated to make videos everyday and sometimes I have to act happy in my videos and I don't even like for other people to do that. I don't know what to do guys. I need you help, motivation, advice, anything! I really want to make good quality videos but it is hard when I have no motivation.
It's better to think about motivation in a different way. People can dislike a video for anything really. Maybe cherish the people that view you already, and think about the positives. There are viewers out there that find you interesting ^^

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
Hey man, I feel where you are coming from right now. I'm pretty much in the same spot, and yes, it is hard when you are getting all that hate to keep pushing forward and doing YouTube. But what I have to tell myself all the time is that this will all pay off one day. Persevering will pay off, and it will be worth it in the end. That's what you need to tell yourself too. Hope this helped :).

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
6-12 isn't even that bad and dislikes just improve your engagement rate, as for you losing motivation because of some numbers YouTube is just a hobby for a long time then a job, so these ratings won't really affect you.

Reactions: Quatec

PatrickOnEdge

Rising User
Apr 19, 2016
Philippines, Quezon CIty
YouTube
Taking a break can also help you out. I know this might sound counter intuitive but YouTube can really consume a lot of your energy and time. The amount of effort it takes to get videos up every week can be quite daunting; To an extent that it'd make you want to quit. I've been in this situation before in my previous channel. I took a break for about a week or two. I re-evaluated my goals and reasons for getting into YouTube at that point the idea came to me that i needed to restart from scratch. The effect can be quite different for each person, who knows? Maybe you might come to the realization that YouTube ain't for you. Asking your friends as well is good even if they don't have an idea about YouTube that does not exclude them from giving great advice.

In any case, follow your heart. Choose the path that you think is the best even if you might fail or succeed.

Best of luck dude!

GlowingDude

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
YouTube
Glowing_Dude
Dude i am like at 17 subs only and yeah sometimes i get decent(for my number of subs) number of views and sometimes i get like 1 or 2 only but you have to think of it in this way....currently quite a few people watch your content and it would be quite bad to dissappoint them by not uploading
XD thats what keeps me going really
so trust me just keep uploading videos and build an awesome community(without sub4sub or view4view ...etc).It may take time but in the end it will be worth it :D
Hope my advice helped in anyway :)

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
W
ell just don't give up i have no motivation to make vides some days and i just don't make videos and don't thinkk about the views so much ! And i understand that loosing subs can make you feel bad. It make me feeld bad and unmotivated too ! But just don't give up and keep dooing what you love :) ! You have really good content imo so just keep pushing ! Good luck

Caleb Calvert

Rising User
May 2, 2016

I'm just going to be honest with you... if it is views you want, and the subscriber count matters... change up your content. Do movie reviews, funnies, toys... really anything that interests you above and beyond gaming. You can do the gaming videos just for fun - but try something new if you want a big channel that earns a lot... and keep this channel for fun so you don't have to worry about views and subs. Let me know if this helps :)

Caleb Calvert

Rising User
May 2, 2016
Also... if you cant try a new genre, or just don't want to, try to find the one thing that makes you stand out from the other 500,000 gaming channels and really focus on it.

tActhImo

Respected User
Apr 19, 2016
YouTube
I also used to care about every sub I lost but you will grow if you stay consistent! Dont expect anything from your vids and you will get excited for every ingle view you get! Put your expectations low! Try to listen to inspirational music or tv series and when you feel motivated/happy then start recording a video and hype yourself up!

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite

Take a break for a week, get your energy back and your motivation.

My channel started to bomb about 3 weeks ago it is not a nice feeling. I made a plan to follow a Youtube Academy and my channel has been gaining subs and views since. It can be the small things that are why your videos aren't getting discovered.

Keep the Faith bud.

Reactions: Caleb Calvert

Caleb Calvert

Rising User
May 2, 2016
Take a break for a week, get your energy back and your motivation.

My channel started to bomb about 3 weeks ago it is not a nice feeling. I made a plan to follow a Youtube Academy and my channel has been gaining subs and views since. It can be the small things that are why your videos aren't getting discovered.

Keep the Faith bud.

I like your channel... good work, it deserves more subs. Same with poster... just stick to it and you will be fine :) Giving up is the easy thing to do.

Reactions: Jac Morton