I'm in serious trouble and I need your advice !

Akshay Sriram

Aug 7, 2015
Ok let's go in steps , first step is the spec of my laptop so you can get a better view of what I'm talking about :
Dell XPS502X
Intel(R) Core i7-2670QM
CPU 2.20GHZ
RAM Memory - 8GB
64-Bit operating system
Windows 10
Nvidia GT 540M

Ok , now first question is this a good spec for editing videos ? because during my editing when i get my video from sony vegas , it lags pretty much , if you want more in detail check out my channel by typing in Buddy AxeSher on yt , o right now second , the GPU or the Nvidia is pretty outdated and nowdays people use GTX rather than GT , so since i use a laptop is there a way to upgrade my graphics card to GTX or is it impossible , third , as i said about my sony vegas pro 13 that each time i finish editing and i check out the rendered video , it lags and i need assistance on how i can remove that lag and btw wondering what recording software i use , its Dxtory and also during the preview of the editing video in sony vegas , it lags and sometimes it lags quite a bit , again is there a way to reduce that because i can see that the quality of my videos are very low and lags can realy drive a viewers patience on that so i want a smooth and nice quality video , unfortunately i got my limitations so i always manage with what i have . If you have an answer to this Please........Please i request you to put it down below and i will check it .

Thanks a lot and if i have moe doubts ill post it here :)

GamerZ.Exe

New User
Nov 11, 2015
Dubai
YouTube
Your specs are great!

And yes you can upgrade your graphics card
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19384094
If you got lag issues try defragging your hard disk with Windows disk optimizer it will give you a big boost, Try cleaning up your hard disk with Disk Cleanup tool, you can clean up your hard drive it will delete all temp files and un-used stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1447437898][/DOUBLEPOST]Or just try my tutorial make sure to check it.

Last edited:

Akshay Sriram

Aug 7, 2015
Your specs are great!

And yes you can upgrade your graphics card
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19384094
If you got lag issues try defragging your hard disk with Windows disk optimizer it will give you a big boost, Try cleaning up your hard disk with Disk Cleanup tool, you can clean up your hard drive it will delete all temp files and un-used stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1447437898][/DOUBLEPOST]Or just try my tutorial make sure to check it.

Thanks a lot man :D but I guess I've done all of that except a few things which I'll try doing but in the end I have to buy a new laptop :(

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
Just a heads up, If you plan on Video editing with Sony Vegas on your video card, of course it'll lag, but in order to remove that lag, I suggest you try your best to replace that video card with a GTX with atleast 2-4GB of VRam. Personally I'd never video edit on a laptop due to how much heat it would generate and how the price to specs are way off. But in your case you just need to clean out your drive(remove the cludder your not using, put it on a seperate drive) and see if you can optimize it with System Mechanic

If you'd like to see a review of System Mechanic click [Here]

If you'd like to consider purchasing it, I can provide a discount of 60% off of it. (Here)

But don't worry, It's not spam, malware, adware anything like that, you can google search system mechanic and find great reviews about it. All I'm doing is providing you with a offer that can potentially solve your problem if your like most people who don't do weekly maintenance on their computers to keep them in Tip Top Shape.

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom