Tips & Tricks Im doing everything i can and my channel not growing a bit

AlaswadGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
i started a gaming youtube channel 2 weeks ago and i uploaded a video and it did really well after that i uploaded more videos and it barely make 5 views. the crazy thing is i know people who just stared youtube and are getting over a hundred views. honestly at this point I'm really mad because i work so hard on my videos and don't get any love. the only comments i have on my video is "come sub to me please". thats it. theres no comments that really make you feel good about what your doing. like am going to make more videos for a couple of weeks and if I'm still in the same please as today I'm just going to quit. please if you have some to say to change my mine please do.

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
i started a gaming youtube channel 2 weeks ago and i uploaded a video and it did really well after that i uploaded more videos and it barely make 5 views. the crazy thing is i know people who just stared youtube and are getting over a hundred views. honestly at this point I'm really mad because i work so hard on my videos and don't get any love. the only comments i have on my video is "come sub to me please". thats it. theres no comments that really make you feel good about what your doing. like am going to make more videos for a couple of weeks and if I'm still in the same please as today I'm just going to quit. please if you have some to say to change my mine please do.

Don't quit try post you video on Google plus communities and I know you feel but begging is going be long progress I started with 15 views (Don't forget I use google plus on first day), I getting 10 - 13 views a day at that time for couple months but now I getting from 20 - 40 views a day for newest videos and 50 - 120 views total a day and how I did this I just keep making videos and keeping upload them.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Don't give up just because your not hitting as many views as your were hoping, these things do happen, and I always think you shouldn't compare yourself to other channels as this can get you down. If you enjoy making and recording the videos then the views shouldn't really matter (of course its always nice to have some, and nice comments) but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. If you actively go out your way to interact with the wider community, i.e through YT or on forums then you could see more social interaction with your videos - I know personally since I started posting more on Freedom the comments on my videos has gone up.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
2 weeks and you're already raging? Jeezuz. Sorry to be harsh, but these things take months, sometimes years.

Try to grasp that you're making gaming videos for a super saturated market (and you only have 5 videos), with super saturated games (think of all the big youtubers taking up the search spots), with bland thumbnails that doesn't encourage new viewers to click.

Try producing for a few more weeks, with a more focused objective by appealing to a specific audience. Go for a niche market.

Reactions: kurtislowe08

AlaswadGaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2016
YouTube
Don't give up just because your not hitting as many views as your were hoping, these things do happen, and I always think you shouldn't compare yourself to other channels as this can get you down. If you enjoy making and recording the videos then the views shouldn't really matter (of course its always nice to have some, and nice comments) but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. If you actively go out your way to interact with the wider community, i.e through YT or on forums then you could see more social interaction with your videos - I know personally since I started posting more on Freedom the comments on my videos has gone up.
thanks you very much helped me a little

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
Welcome to YouTube where there is 10`s of millions/ 100`s of millions of gaming video`s and all the top guys taking just about every search spot available in every game content type.

"First of you said you know other users what have just started and are getting hundreds of views" they could be posting there video`s on Facebook have thousands of friends who are watching. They maybe posting there video`s elsewhere or using promote/advertising.

I`m 34 and been posting video`s on YouTube since my mid late 20`s a couple of channels before this one. YouTube is brutal game try uploading 1,000 video`s in a year and only getting 100 to 500 views on each video with the odd video getting a few thousand views.
It`s all a learning process :) and each game type is over flooded with video`s and in today`s market it`s very flooded.

First ask yourself what are you doing differently to others (millions of video`s)
What makes you Unique and stand out from others. (these days you need to have Unique factor about you to even get a small look in)
YouTube is not a game in which you post a couple of video`s and expect mass results/returns in some cases it may happen but is unlikely.
mid level guys to the upper level guys are making causal to full time living from posting video`s there banners, intro`s,thumbnails,there commentary perfect they have put the work in over the years to get where they are.

I looked at your channel your keywords/tags may need improving "Google Adwords/keyword Planner" gives you monthly stats of keyword types entered into google, Take 1 of your video`s GTA 5 using this search term August 2015 to now every month has received 7 to 10 million searches per month using this keyword then gives you suggestions on different types of keywords related to GTA5.

Your thumbnails need improving it`s all about the selling process, example you have two items for sale the same product sitting next to each other one has white plain packaging the other one has pop factor really nice color text stands out which of the two are people most likely look at in this case click on.

Banner professional looking banner adds to the overall experience.

Learn from every video you upload, If it means watching your video 5,10 times over look for mistakes look for errors look for anything you can improve on the next video.Look at guys what are doing the same content as you watch a few of there video`s and few other guys you learn alot just by watching them, how they go about it.

kurtislowe08

Rising User
Jul 11, 2016
YouTube
To me YouTube is about doing what you enjoy. Not necessarily getting views and making money. Of course those are goals, but if you're not having fun then why make videos. I agree with ScorpionVonGaming above, learn from every video you make and try to improve. If you enjoy it, you will be dedicated and get better over time.

DirbyTheGamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
2 weeks and you're already raging? Jeezuz. Sorry to be harsh, but these things take months, sometimes years.

Try to grasp that you're making gaming videos for a super saturated market (and you only have 5 videos), with super saturated games (think of all the big youtubers taking up the search spots), with bland thumbnails that doesn't encourage new viewers to click.

Try producing for a few more weeks, with a more focused objective by appealing to a specific audience. Go for a niche market.

This man knows what's up. truth spoken right here. It's about the grind and the journey that makes Youtube so interesting, and I LOVE it.(y) (Y)

Reactions: kurtislowe08